Deep Bruising 3 Weeks After Breast Reduction? (Photo)

I had a BR just over 3 weeks ago now. The stitches are healing very well and the swelling has decreased incredibly. Throughout this morning however, I started getting sharp stabbing pains in my right breast. Upon inspecting myself in the mirror, I've noticed a large, deep purple bruise at the bottom of my breast. Yesterday I was light sparring with a friend but did get knocked a couple of times. Should I make an appointment with my surgeon or is it just standard bruising to fragile skin?

Bruising after Breast Reduction Normal?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

If you have noticed new onset bruising/swelling, then it will be in your best interest to follow-up with your plastic surgeon (sooner than already scheduled if necessary).  I would also suggest that you minimize “contact sports”  for several more weeks at least.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Deep bruising after breast reduction

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. You do need to get in touch with your plastic surgery for in person exam. The pictures show bruising, but it os only with examination the possibility of hematoma ( blood clot) can be ruled out. Best wishes.

Bruising showing 3 weeks after breast reduction

+1

This bruise may just represent a deep bruise coming to the surface  and  showing on the skin from the original surgery. However if you were engaging in this type of activity,and you are experiencing an increase in pain, you could have had a bleed in the breast.  I would recommend calling your surgeon for an appointment to be evaluated just to make sure everything is alright. 

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon