I Have Deep Acne Scars on my Cheeks. I Was Under Polamarlux Laser1540 Form 1 Mnt How Many Treatments It Takes for Good Results?

Lux 1540 for deep acne scars

+1
The Palomar Lux 1540 is a fractional non-ablative laser which is a good choice for the treatment of acne scars. In general, 4-6 treatments is what I suggest to most patients. In my experience, particularly with deeper scars, I lean more towards 6 treatments. Treatments are spaced out every 4 weeks.

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Acne Scars using Palomar

+1
Generally it takes 4-6 treatments, 4 weeks apart. It an erbium non-ablative laser which forms columns within the dermis of the skin to stimulate collagen production.

Mansour Bendago, FRCSC

Palomar Non-Ablative 1540 for acne scars

+1

Thanks for your question.  It is hard to  comment on how many treatments you need exactly without photos.  Typically, 4-6 treatments 4 weeks apart is what I recommend to my acne scar patients.  The Palomar 1540 non-ablative fractional erbium laser works by forming small columns of injury within the dermis of the skin, allowing new collagen growth and healing.  This is why it is an excellent and effective treatment for acne scars, stretch marks and surgical scars too.

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon