What Can I Do to Decrease Dark Circles? (photo)

I already have Restaylane injections into my tear trough, but I'd like to know what specific products would help further. There are so many creams out there, for example, and I've seen many sites recommend different things and ingredients. Please help me find out whatever works best, and not more than a few hundred dollars at most, thank you.

Restylane to Tear Troughs

+1

A physical exam would be necessary to determine if there is residual product superior to the tear trough.  However, I would inject more Restylane into the tear trough as that is giving you the dark circle appearance.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

What can I do to decrease dark circles?

+1

There are numerous causes for dark circles under the eyes, and treatment options will depend on the individual circumstances of the patient.  While lack of sleep is certainly one of the causes, other common causes include:  pigmentation irregularities, sun exposure, visible blood vessels, stress, allergies, atopic dermatitis, pseudoherniation (outpouching) of fat from the eyelid, and heredity, to name a few.  Fat can cause the appearance of dark circles, which can be corrected by fat repositioning blepharoplasty.  As individuals age, skin tends to thin and the normal fat pads in the eyelids herniate from their normal positions and become more prominent.  This prominence can appear as bags under the eyes, and the shadow they cast appear as dark circles, while the thinner skin causes blood vessels to be more noticeable, contributing further to the dark hue.  Some pigment can be treated with laser and/or bleaching creams.  However, if it is too deep the treatment will not be effective. The best advice for you can be provided following an in-person examination with a board certified specialist. Thank you and I hope this helps. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Tear troughs and pigmentation

+1

Based on the photo's you've provided, you could probably use either more product or some manipulation of what is there now. Without seeing you in person, it's difficult to determine what your best options are.

Sam Naficy, MD

#darkcirclesundereyes

+1
I see so many patients with this problem in my practice. Some patients only require filler injections while others will only benefit from minor surgical procedures. Im not sure which one you would qualify for without seeing u in person. Most procedures cost more than a few $100 unfortunately.

Misbah Khan, MD

Dark circles under the eyes - Causes and a #PlasticSurgeon Solutions

+1

Dark circles are usually the results of 4 things:

1. Lost of fat between the skin and the bone gives the person a depression, a little valley when the light cannot shine in, hence darker.
2. Lost of fat between the skin and the bone allows the dark blue vessels on the bone to show through the skin
3. age, sun exposure and genetic-related hyperpigmentation of the skin.

4. Protrusion of inner lower lid fat pads creating a shadow

Helpful SOLUTIONS:

Adding dermal #filler (restylane, juvederm) to the 'valley' will help both causes 1 and 2.  The filler last approximately 9-12 months in this location.  The treatment takes about 30 minutes to do.  Most people can go back to work right after treatment.  Mild concealer might be needed if there is a small blue hue at one injection site.  Make sure you see a qualified injector, best to find a plastic surgeon, as this technique is not for beginners.  I perform all injections in my Visage Clinics for safety and for optimal results.

3. For the hyperpigmentation, Advanced medical Skin Care system with some bleaching cream (hydroquinone 2 and 4% are available in Canada) can help with its mild bleaching action.  

4. Lower lid surgical fat removal might also help.

Best of luck!  Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Marc DuPéré, MD

Dark circles

+1

Topical products won't affect dark circles. You still have relative lower eyelid puffiness (bags) and hollowness underneath the fullness (dark circles). You will likely benefit from more fillers to hollow areas but may also benefit from lower blepharoplasty with fat transposition, where the existing puffiness (fat) is moved into lower position to fill the hollow areas. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Under Eye Injection Options

+1

Hi Kryptick.  We usually do not suggest products to fix the issue you are concerned about.  Either the Restylane was not done well or not enough was used.  You should save your money for more injections rather than searching for skin care products.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Almost any facial moisturizer will help.

+1

Also your under eye filler is not been optimally done.  Of course your photo is not ideal either.  However, there should be not ridging in the lower eyelid and it appears that you might benefit from additional volume.  Remember it is normal to have a lower eyelid.  We are talking about manipulating its appearance not eliminating the lower eyelid with so much filler that the cheek rolls up to the lower eyelid lashes.