Is It Possible To Decrease Breast Size Post Surgery, Without Another Surgery? (photo)

I had a breast reduction 5 months ago to go from a large C to a small B. Where before my breasts were heavy and sagged, they are now a little lighter, but very full. Post-surgery I am very far from a B cup (I still have to wear the same bras as before). Is there any chance that exersize and weight loss could edge me closer to the B cup I was hoping for (or tone or decrease the fullness)? The shoulder/neck/back pain and self-esteem issues are still present and that is my concern. Thank you.

Weight loss and further healing may result in a little more reduction in breast size

+2

Yes, weight loss through a balanced regimen of diet and exercise may result in a further reduction of breast volume.  The main reason for this is that some of the volume of any breast will be fat and with weight loss some of this fat will be reduced.  Additional time will also accomplish two things:  healing will result in some additional swelling/shape change and your perception of your breasts may also change.  In my humble opinion, your breast shape and volume seem to be very good and proportionate to your body.

Dr Remus Repta

Further Breast Reduction without Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction surgery.

I think you have a great plan:  continue with your diet and exercise regimen and see how you feel 6 months to a year from now. Although the breasts may not change significantly during this time,  how you feel about the breasts may change as you adapt to the new size/shape (body image).  Also, you may feel better about the situation as you strengthen the shoulder/neck/back areas. Hopefully, you will find that exercise will be easier after your breast reduction surgery.

Breast reduction without surgery

+2

Thank you for the question and the photos. Your photos especially the lateral view show a good reduction and much smaller breast. Since you are only five months from surgery , there is a room for more swelling to go and a reduction in the size of the breast. As for the shoulder , neck and back pain it usually improves a lot after surgery but there be a small  percentage of patients who will still have symptoms . 

So my advice for you is to wait for another six to eight months and then re evaluate your surgery.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breast Reduction Results

+1

From your photos, it does appear that you have had a real change to the volume, but non-surgical options will likely not do much. Weight loss can help to some degree since the breast is fat as well as breast tissue. This, however, can also have an effect on the amount of skin left on the breast.  Liposuction is a less invasive way to remove additional volume from the breast but is definitely another surgery.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Is It Possible To Decrease Breast Size Post Surgery, Without Another Surgery?

+1

Based upon the posted photos and comparing the before and afters you in my opinion had ONLY a mastopexy/lifting. To attain the look you desire a reduction operation is needed. Sorry, discuss with your previous surgeon.