Deciding On Size and Profile? (photo)

Getting an idea by "trying them on" won't work for me. I had 300cc moderate profile implants and a BL in 1986. 5"3, 106lbs, petite, narrow rib cage, hips and shoulders, they were too big for my frame. A couple of pregnancies, widening of ribs, hips & 45lbs later how can I determine what size and shape I would like to achieve and what will look the best on my body? Am also in the process of losing weight & trying to tone up, desired goal is 122/125. (Will also have a 2nd BL) Thanks kindly!

Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

I would recommend losing the weight and achieving your goal weight.  The size of the breasts may change substantially and will probably change the size of breast implant you select.

Implants

+1

the sizing of the implants will change as you lose weight and breast volume. i typically use much smaller implants for a augmentation lift than for a primary augmentation.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Lift with Implants

+1

You'd get the best results by placing silicone gel implants under the muscle and having some type of breast lift to place your own breast tissues directly over the implants.  I prefer a Binelli (circumareolar) lift but you may require a Vertical breast lift (Lollipop scar) depending on the amount of your own breast tissue you have and ultimate size of breasts you desire.  Usually, I would use high profile implants to both assist with the lift and to prevent flattening of your results.

Eric Sadeh, MD

Deciding on size and profile for a revision breast augmentation

+1

Dear Camie,

Thank you for sharing you photo.

It seems that the first thing to do is to loose weight to reach you desired goal as this will have a major positive impact on your overall anatomy.

The best way to decide on the size of implants for your revision, it is best that you communicate with the surgeon of your choice since the "rice test" will not work at this point. (FYI: Rice test consists of filling stockings with rice to form the size you like then wearing them under a sports bra. Once you have reached the size you like, you can measure the rice contact and report it to your surgeon).

As you have mentioned in your post, a BL will be necessary to achieve a perky look.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Second BL

+1

I think the wise thing to do would bve to lose the weight you want and then get reevaluated.Also if you are a smoker doing it in 2 stages may be prudent and wise but I think you have a lot of leeway as to how to go.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Choosing breast implant size and breast procedure

+1

It looks like you are a candidate for a mastopexy to provide a perkier shape and a reduction in volume to create the right balance for your figure.  This would involve removal of current implants and, depending on residual volume, either performing the lift alone or adding new, smaller implants.

Be sure to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with enough experience to be able to show you a comprehensive of pre- and post-op pictures so you can gauge typical results.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Breast lift revision for previous breast augmentation patients

+1

You first have to define what your aesthetic goals are - and then communicate this to your surgeon - based on the photos - you might benefit from a small reduction and vertical breast lift, possibly down-sizing your breast implant in the submuscular position.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Deciding on size and profile for revisions

+1

Camie:

Finding the size you want for a revision breast augmentation and lift can be tricky since sizers are not an option, as you correctly pointed out. This can be made more difficult if you are planning weight loss in the near future. I generally recommend that my patients get to their goal weight before we make any final decisions regarding size or procedure choices. Further, being at your ideal weight at the time of surgery can reduce your medical risks and lessen the need for revisions that weight loss may create. Your plastic surgeon will help you decide what works best in your case.

Michael Vennemeyer, MD

Michael Vennemeyer, MD
Southlake Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

Thank you for your question and for providing photos. It is difficult if not impossible to select a proper implant size based on photos alone without an actual exam. Based on your description and from the photos, it seems like your breasts have changed significantly since your breast surgery in 1986. It now looks like you have sufficient volume of your breasts that is proportionate with your body frame. This may change with further weight loss.

If the surgery was to be done today I would suggest a comparable sized moderate profile implant with a strong lift. The moderate profile implant will be needed for its width to match your current breast width. I would suggest waiting until you reach your target weight before doing anything however.

Best of luck with your breasts.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Deciding On Size and Profile?

+1

Very hard to advise via the internet with only a frontal view photo posted. Best to seek a few IN PERSON opinions from boarded PSs in your city.