Deciding on a Doctor from Overseas

I’m an Australian resident. I wish to have revision rhinoplasty and cheek augmentation. I prefer to have the operations in the USA because it’s cheaper (average cost of rhinoplasty alone is a minimum of $10,000 in Australia) and I believe the general quality of the work is higher in the USA. Can anyone offer any advice about how to decide on the right surgeon for me from abroad? I prefer a Californian surgeon.

Come to Beverly Hills - Center for Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery

+1

My center in beverly hills would be a great fit for you.  I have just published my second textbook on rhinoplasty, and am also double board certified as an ENT so would be ideal for your revision rhinoplasty and cheek augmentation.  My office and surgery center are also next door to the hotel montage, a great place to stay and recover after your surgery.  We are very acustomed to out-of-town patients and can accomidate your needs.  Please check out my website facialplastics.info for pictures and more information.

Choosing a plastic surgeon

+1

If you decide to have surgery in the US, a simple palce to start is to go the ASPS or ASAPS websites to find a plastic surgeon in the area that you want to have the surgery.  From their you shoudl go on a few consults and see who you like, and see their work.  Good luck.

Revision rhinoplasty and cheek augmentation surgery in the US

+1

An important part of chosing your revision rhinoplasty surgeon is finding someone very comfortable with performing revision procedures. It's especially important that they have treated patients with similar issues as your own, as well.

For a surgeon in the US you want to make sure that he or she is board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS) or American Board of Plastic Surgery. Not all surgeons board certified by these groups focus on rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty so you need to verify that they are experienced in this specifically. Just because they advertise themselves as a rhinoplasty expert doesn't necessarily mean that they are.

Equally important is making sure you trust the surgeon and have a good rapport. This can be hard to assess in advance, of course. Some surgeons, including myself, are able to give a preliminary assessment online prior to your travels.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Choosing your plastic surgeon

+1

Choosing a plastic surgeon especially from abroad is very difficult. There are many good plastic surgeons in Australia, very well respected in the US. eg: Dr MENDELSON.

Get on the site of the AMERICAN SOCIETY OF AESTHETIC PLASTIC SURGERY AND SEE HOW TO CHOOSE A SURGEON

International Rhinoplasty

+1

The most important thing is finding a surgeon who you feel comfortable with and who is a specialist in the face to help you achieve the results you desire.  As this is a revision rhinoplasty, quality is the most important factor.  We want you to achieve the results you seek.  Good luck!

Kimberly Lee, MD