Deciding between 350cc and 375cc Moderate Round Implant. I'm looking for a natural "full C cup" What can I expect? (Photo)

My chest wall measures 13.2cm with and A cup bra size. I am deciding between Moderate profile round silicone implants. One is 350cc a diameter of 13.1cm and projection of 4.4cm and the other 375cc with a diameter of 13.3 and projection of 4.5cm. They will be placed under the muscle. I am chasing a natural look without having to use anatomical implants. What results can I expect and can you make any other recommendations please? I am 36ys, 5'7" 131lbs. Breast fed two children.

It’s hard to match cc's to cup size.

+1
Choosing the correct size for your breast augmentation can feel very intimidating. I can tell you that the difference between 350 and 375 cc, when both implants are moderate profile, is very minimal. It’s certainly possible to achieve a very natural look without anatomical implants. My recommendation is to visit a board certified plastic surgeon who utilizes 3D imaging in his or her practice so you can compare how different sizes will look on your frame. I also suggest bringing in some “ideal look” photos so your surgeon has a visual reference to use as a starting point, as cup size isn’t a standardized measurement.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizing

+1
There are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr.Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

350 or 375 cc moderate profile plus silicone gel implants for a C cup

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph.  In my experience patients with your photographic appearance and measurements most often choose a 350 cc moderate profile plus silicone gel implant and typically achieve a C or full C cup bra size based on the bra that they typically wear.  Understand that bra manufacturers label cup size differently so that he would likely be a D cup at a store like Victoria's secret.

Understand as others have pointed out that you're most important decision is the plastic surgeon that you choose.  Be certain to choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is hopefully a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.

For more information on how to choose breast implant size please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast implant size

+1
Thank you for your question about breast augmentation.

Choosing the right implant is your second most important decision. After choosing the right surgeon!
Implant choices are scary because they can be complicated.

• The difference between your two  choices is not very great - less than 2 tablespoons.
  • If your preference would be a little larger than ideal, go with the larger implant. 
  • If a little smaller, go with the smaller one.
  • But also  return to your plastic surgeon for a second measurement or fitting. 
  • It is best to have a second look before deciding.
  • Don't panic - implant size differences can be subtle. Chances are you will be very pleased with your choice! Hope this helps. Best wishes.EM

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Cup size with implants, natural result desired

+1
Size of implants, the ones you have chosen are not very different.  In fact it is about 1.5 tablespoons.  With that said, your breast shape lends itself wonderfully with a textured round base shaped implant from Sientra.  These implants have a better appearance in a women with minimal breast tissue if your desire is a natural result.  The Mentor implants chosen will give you likely a C cup and be somewhat natural in my opinion.  For more certainty, consult and ask these questions again to your plastic surgeon. 

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

What implant size.

+1
I absolutely agree with Dr. Pousti's comments below. Photos communicate best, your surgeon has the experience to choose the best implant to meet your goals. I would ad that I DOUBT either of the implants you mention will meet your goals based on the cup size you mentioned. At 5'7" with your base diameter you would almost certainly require what will ultimately be a fair amount larger total volume.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Deciding between 350cc and 375cc Moderate Round Implant. I'm looking for a natural "full C cup" What can I expect?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Base on your photographs, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. In regards to specific size/profile of breast implant, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.  

2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C cup"  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.