Decided on Tummy Tuck, but What Type of Breast Lift Do I Need? (photo)

I recently had a consultation and I liked the doctor and his staff very much, but he gave me options for the breast left and I am not sure what to do! He said I could go with a periareolar lift and recommended 400cc moderate profile silicone implants placed under the muscle, or I could choose a vertical scar lift with the same implants. I have 4 children and have lost 15 of the 30 pounds that I need to return to my pre-pregnancy weight. At my normal wieght, I am a small B. Thank you!

Decided on Tummy Tuck, but What Type of Breast Lift Do I Need

+1

Not quite enough info here--a frontal view would help. Based only on this view only, I would recommend a vertical lift with your implants. A periareolar lift would not give enough elevation.

All the best.

Implants will weaken and widen a vertical scar lift

+1

Hi,

Just a word of caution when considering a vertical lift with implants: a vertical lift is inherenlty faulty by placing the incision at the point of maximum tension. It always gives way, especially if you are considering a large implant like a 400cc.

There is a new type of lifting technique that does not require a vertical lift. Its called the Mini Ultimate Breast Lift. The Mini UBL lifts your existing breast tissue and repositions it directly over a submuscular implant to achieve a round/perky and natural appearance. There is no vertical scar that will stretch and weaken the lift allowing the implant to fall out of place. Your only incision is a periareolar incision.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Type of Breast Lift

+1

Loosing an additional 15 pounds may have some bearing on the overall procedure choice. However, from a single photo it is difficult to tell what exactly you would need. The physical exam gives the surgeon a better grasp of  the things like tissue elasticity and the dimensions of the breast. With this knowledge, the surgeon can best make a recommendation for the patient. This is based on the surgeons experience with different procedures and what the patients overall goals are. From here the surgeon should recommends what he/she things the best options is for the patient. Make sure the surgeon you choose is a board certified plastic surgeon and is experienced in these procedures.

Mark A. Jabor, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

What kind of breast lift

+1

Hi, you sound like you have another 15 pounds to lose and if you are planning on doing that, I would recommend you do it prior to both the tummy tuck and breast lift. once your weight is stable, your surgeon is in the best position to advise you what options you have as far as incisions and implant size to achieve your goal.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Breast lift

+1

It is difficult to fully access with just the side profile view.  If your objective is to get your breasts as perky as possible then I would recommend an anchor style lift (vertical scar) but I am not sure you need that with limited photos.  Maybe you should get another opinion in your area with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who does a lot of breast surgeries.  Good luck!!

Milind K. Ambe, MD

A purse-string or donut lift is only designed to lift the areola and not the breast tissue

+1
Hello, A purse string mastopexy also known as a Benelli or donut mastopexy is only designed to lift the areola. It is not designed to lift or shape the breast tissue which has begun to sag. Your best breast shape will be provided by a circumvertical breast lift also known as a lollipop breast lift. This will require an incision around your areola as well as one down your breast. All the best, Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

TUMMY TUCK AND BREAST AUGMENTATION

+1

A tummy tuck with an augmentation can certainly be performed at the same time. As for which lift would be best for you, more photos and an in-office exam would be best.

Tummy

+1

From your picture it does look like you would benefit from a tummy tuck, the kind of lift you would benefit from the most if any is need would be a Peri Areolar lift. You should be examined to be able to really determine that. 400 cc sounds good it will take you up 2 cup size if thats what you are looking for.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Breast lift type depends on several anatomic factors

+1

You provided a single photo - but you don't appear to have a substantial amount of nipple ptosis, you do have some breast deflation - without more photos - tough question to answer. I'm leaning toward a peri-areolar lift - but would need an anterior photo to say for sure. Avoid big implants in combo with a breast lift !

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS