I have decided to have a nose surgery. How complex is my case? (photo)

I have decide to undergo a nose surgery for I have been living with extreme self-consciousness for over a decade and have realized that I can't live with it due to lack of self-esteem and confidence and I'm very uncomfortable in crowd and usually avoid social gatherings due to this. The tip of my nose is bulbous, a bump on the bridge and its long. I have uploaded 2 reference pics to ask how complex is my case as my nose looks different from both sides.

Rhinoplasty complexity

+2
How complex is your case.  All rhinoplasties are complex.  They should be treated as such.  Seek a surgeon treats the procedure with respect and make sure they are experienced.  Based on your photos your nose presents some challenges but in experienced hands you will gain a lot.  Experienced surgeons treat each case uniquely and never underestimate complexity.

San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Correction of a Long Curved Bulbous Nose Through Rhinoplasty

+2
Thanks for the question. Your nose would be pretty straightforward for surgeon that performs a large volume of rhinoplasty. You would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty, as yours is the most common type of nose I see in my practice. 

The height of the nasal bones and septum can be shaved down to create a straighter profile. For a man's nose, I prefer a straight bridge or one which is still slightly convex. For a woman's nose, a straight nose or a soft, feminine, natural-looking curve in the other direction can be quite nice. Once the hump is removed, the nasal bones are brought back together with tiny controlled fracture lines called osteotomies. If additional support is needed along the bridge, I place spreader grafts taken from the septum. The tip of the nose can be raised with a permanent stitch, called a tongue-in-groove suture. If the tip cartilages are too long, they are overlapped with a technique called a lateral crural overlay. Finally, the tip can be refined with conservative shaving, called a cephalic trim, or sutures to reshape and narrow the tip. I generally prefer an open approach if spreader grafts and/or tip work is required. 

Computer imaging can be very helpful during your consultation to communicate your aesthetic desires with your surgeon and for her/him to let you know what would look good with your facial features. 

Best regards,
Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

I've Decided To Have A Nose Surgery. How Complex is my case?

+2
Based on your photos you are an excellent candidate for a Rhinoplasty.  Your expectations are very reasonable and achievable.  Consult with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who specialize in Rhinoplasty surgery.  Experience is key with this surgery, regardless whether it is done open or closed.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty complexity

+1

All rhinoplasty surgery is complicated and revision rhinoplasty is even more complicated. Shaving down the dorsal hump adjusting the tip cartilages and osteotomies are fairly routine in an  experienced rhinoplasty surgeon's hands. Look for a surgeon  who has performed thousands of rhinoplasty surgeries, understands both cosmetic and functional nasal surgery, has an extensive portfolio  of before and after's photographs of their work for best results. For examples of what can be accomplished with the rhinoplasty procedure, please see the link below

Rhinoplasty San Diego

+1

The photos are a bit dark but based on what I  can see you look like a great candidate for rhinoplasty surgery.  Your surgery is more difficult but in the hands of a surgeon that has performed many rhinoplasty procedures the results will be excellent.  Find a plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty galleries.

good Luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty?

+1
Your pictures indicate you have a dorsal bump and and inadequate tip definition. It would be better to also see these photos in repose and smiling as well as lateral and worms eye pictures. It would also be better to evaluate the patient and examine the nose externally and internally.

However, it appears you are a good candidate for nasal surgery as long as you are in good health and do not have other medical conditions to preclude surgery.

Please consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience in nasal surgery.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

I have decided to have a nose surgery. How complex is my case?

+1
     All of these concerns can be addressed with a closed rhinoplasty.  Your case is fairly standard, although full photo sets are not available. 

Find a plastic surgeon with elite credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.