I decided to downsize from 250cc to 100cc- what should I expect?

After talking with my PS, I have decided to downsize from 250 to 100cc. I got a lift, lollipop 250cc mod plus silicone implants 7 mon ago. Love the result & placement but they are way toooo big for me! I'm not comfortable, so I'm downsizing. My doc recommends either 125 or 100cc moderate profile. I think my current implant is too wide, into my armpit, so I prefer a lower profile. But my PS only carries mentor memoryshape implants which don't come in low profile. Thoughts on how this will look?

Downsizing breast implants

+1
Very small implants, in the 100 - 200 cc range, will most often be low profile or they will be too narrow for the base width of the breast. Mentor uses the term "moderate" for their low profile implants; for example, the moderate profile 150 cc memory gel implant is the same base diameter as the Allergan style 10 (low profile) of the same size. Mentor's "moderate plus" is like Allergan's "moderate." However, in the size range of 100 cc you may be better of just having them removed.

Explantation

+1

I recommend you remove the implants completely and undergo another lift. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without the use of an implant. This is the procedure you should have had first. Unfortunately, you now have the ugly vertical scars that cannot be resected.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant exchange

+1

Your initial surgeon did a good job and downsizing is an appropriate choice if you want to be smaller. The profile of the implant doesn't matter as much as the size does.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast implant choices with low profile implants

+1

If you are concerned about a wide implant, you may opt for a higher profile breast implant that has a decreased diameter.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS