Can you help me decide between a Tummy Tuck and Circumference Tummy Tuck?

Trying to decide between TT and circumference TT. 5'6", 134lbs, 44, MWF. Same weight 4+ years, exercise 4-6 days a week, diet mostly veg. Gained 65 lbs on top of Depo Provera for first pregnancy. 2 kids 9, 24. I want the crepe skin on pouch and thighs from weight loss. He recommends full Hip to Hip TT. Scar is troublesome. No treatment recommended for back. There is no fat so this is skin - do Pilates/barre/jump rope/row. It literally scallops in ripples over flexed muscles.

Tt or circumferential

+3
Hi Le papillon. Thanks for submitting the question.  Photos would be helpful. Firstly, let me tell you that I specialize in post massive weight loss body contouring.  Have for about 13 years. 
From what you are telling me I think that a lower body lift would most likely give you the result you are looking for. Unfortunately this leaves a 360deg (circumferential) scar.
It does however allow me to get an extremely good lift to your lateral thigh and to auto-augment your buttocks (use your own tissue as an implant to give more fullness to the butt, even though you have minimal fat). Because we now don't need to worry about dog ears on your sides, can be very aggressive to the front as well.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.  
Good luck.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or Circumference Tummy Tuck?

+2
Following the advice of anyone on this or any website who would presume to tell you exactly what to do without seeing photos and without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck options

+2
Only an examination by an experienced plastic surgeon can definitively answer this one. There are very significant cost difference between the 2 as well. There is some waist tightening in addition to anterior upper thigh and pubic area improvement with tummy tuck alone. It might be possible to give a better answer if you include some pictures, but if you feel like all your questions weren't fully answered you might consider going back to your doctor to hear his/her explanation for the recommendation or see other doctors to compare their approach. I like to draw the options on the skin and lift to show the areas improved with each option as well as show before and after pictures that are as similar to each patient as possible. This helps with a clear vision of the predicted scar location/length as well as helps set expectations that are realistic, critical to being a happy patient!

Gregory J. Stagnone, MD

A Tummy Tuck vs. a Circumferential Tummy Tuck

+1
It is best analyzed in person to determine whether extending the tummy tuck incision around is necessary. When there is excess fat and, most importantly, loose skin in the hip and outer thigh area, then extending the incision around to perform a buttock and hip lift can be very beneficial. In many women fat accumulation and stretching of the skin occurs not just on the abdomen but also in the hip and outer thigh area, particularly during pregnancy. Therefore, removing skin in the hip area is often done as a complement to the tummy tuck so that skin tone harmony between these areas can be achieved.

Chris Patronella, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

+1

To best help you, please send in some pictures consisting of a front, back, left and right side view of your body as well as your height and weight in order to determine which procedures and techniques would be best for your case and that way come out with my best review.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Standard Tummy Tuck Vs. Circumferential Tummy Tuck

+1
There are two main differences between these procedures. The more invasive procedure can give dramatic results.  That is, a standard tummy tuck focuses on the lower 2/3 of the abdomen and the waistline.  A circumferential tummy tuck goes all of the way around and can change your hips, your butt and your back contour.  Obviously, that is a more powerful tool but requires a good bit more to recuperate from. The discussion in a forum like this is limited and to really understand what is right takes a good 30-45 minute discussion. If you are uncertain of your surgeon's recommendation, I would highly recommend seeking out another opinion. It never hurts to be more informed.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

+1
You are asking us to recommend a shape changing surgery for you without showing us your shape. You can't get any meaningful recommendations that way. But in general, if you can grab a handful of skin at the waist level directly in line with your armpit, the circumferential TT will give you much better result.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

+1
This us very difficult to answer without photos or an exam.   A tummy tuck can remove loose skin and tighten the abdominal wall.  If you have laxity that extends all around your middle, you may want to consider the body lift.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Tummy Tuck or corcumferential abdominoplasty

+1
From your description of your body, weight and height, it seems that you only need a tummy tuck.  That can be accomplished from hip to hip incision.  Circumferential abdominoplasty is indicated in more severe conditions.

Vasdev Rai, MD