I'm trying to decide the size and profile of breast implant to get. Input? (photo)

I am 5'5", lean and an active fitness instructor. At 35 years old and having nursed two babies I have lost all volume. My surgeon and I have decided under muscle, textured cohesive gel would be beneficial as I run and perform plyometrics 6 days per week. I have broad shoulders, and wide, flat breasts so we are in the 375-445cc range, moderate profile. What I really want to balance is finding the right size, profile and weight of implant to maintain my activity level. I do like the second picture I added.

I'm trying to decide the size and profile of breast implant to get. Input?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos and detailed explanation. Understand this does not replace IN PERSON examination! As for size, you appear very "deflated" so at least a 450cc +++ might be my choice. As for placement if you are an aggressive body builder or exercise individual I might consider above the muscle placement, to prevent lateral displacement when exercising..  

Size and profile of implants for breast augmentation

+1
Choosing the correct implants for a patient for breast augmentation is based on measurements of the patients breasts and patients overall goals and desires. This requires intense communication between you and your surgeon and often a few visits. It is key to identify whether patients have ptosis or dropping breasts because those patient a may need a lift as well as volume enhancement. In addition you need to decide if you want to look natural or augmented. Once you and your surgeon have these parameters set the the final implant choice is typically made in the operating using sizers before final implants are placed. Make sure your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon. 
Gaurav Bharti

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your history, description, and pictures you may be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation surgery. In person consultation would be necessary to determine whether breast lifting would also be necessary to achieve an aesthetically pleasing outcome.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.