Cant Decide on a Size? (photo)

i am 20 years old, no children, i'm 5'3, 104 pounds and a 32b, i want to become a big D or even a DD i was planning on doing 425cc sub glandular, but now that i keep looking at photos and reading other peoples stories i'm starting to think that may be to big for me?

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Good question, if you want to be big you will need a big implant but you will have to accept the trade offs, they will look square and high for a while and will less likely be symmetric as they stress your anatomy more than smaller implants

Smaller implants with simultaneous lift

+1
At size 32 B each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 200 cc implants would take you to a D and 300 cc implants would take you to a DD. I always recommend small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. 425 cc implants retro-pectoral will not fit and 425 cc implants in the sub-glandular position will descend requiring revision. Your photograph shows your breasts are already beginning to droop so I recommend a simultaneous lift. There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift. A circumareola incision is used to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

What Size?

+1

Hi Abby, the right size is always a question. In my opinion bigger is not better just bigger. All breasts have an optimal size implant that fits best, meaning there is a limit to how big women can go and still look natural. It is far better to place breast implants behind the muscle especially in thin women and this is even more important when using saline. Since you are under 22 you are only able to use saline. Implants in front of the muscle will show ripples over time and the larger the implant the more ripples. Also implants in front of the muscle are only held in position by the skin which will stretch and possibly allow the implants to slowly descend to a lower than normal position and this will happen more with larger implants.  During your consultation the optimal sized implant would be determined.  Good luck.

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Sizing for BAM

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Best Size

+1

Ask your PS if they have the mentor sizing system available for you.  This system is very accurate in determining final breast size.  Remember bra sizes are quite variable and for right now I would focus more on the shape and size you see in the mirror using a sizing system.  good luck. Dr. Kerr

Size selection difficulties for your breast augmentation..

+1

Greetings,

You might look around and find a plastic surgeon who can provide you with implants to "try-on" at your consultation.  This must be coupled with the good judgement of your surgeon to match implant options to your existing breast measurements, size, and shape.  There is no magic formula to select your size.

I would suggest that the larger the implant size selected, the greater your complication risk becomes. Thin skin coverage with visible implants, for example, is a difficult problem to address in the over-augmented patient.

Best Regards,

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

Generally speaking, the bigger the implants, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Deciding Upon the Appropriate Breast Implant Size (photo)

+1

In agreement with Drs. Davidson and Pousti, a discussion of your needs and a physical examination should precede recommendations about size and type of implant.   Based on your age and shape, my advice would be that less is more.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Breast implant size

+1

Thanks for your question re implant size.  It is impossible to give you an intelligent answer without a discussion of your expectations, a physical exam, and assessing your skin elasticity.  Best to have an in person consultation.  Best of luck.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Cant decide online!

+1

The decision regarding volume of implant needs to be made following a consultation. The elements that dictate volume of implant are your anatomy, chest width, nipple height and elasticity of skin. There are also many different types of implants with different projections, widths and heights to fit your anatomy. There are also different shapes of implants and different pockets in which the implants can be placed. You need to consult with a surgeon who can show you examples of his/her work and what you can expect to achieve in relation to your anatomy. Only through a consultation will you be able to make an informed decision as to the best breast augmentation for you. 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon