How Can I Decide Between FX Laser and Fraxel for Acne Scars?

I have moderate acne scarring and medium-toned Hispanic skin.

Lasers and acne scarring

+1

I don't think you are asking the correct question.  Both of these lasers can be used effectively but each requires a great deal of skill and experience.  A professionial driver will do well behind the wheel of any vehicle.  A novice will struggle even when driving a great machine.  Further, I would almost certainly consider a surgical approach initially when treating moderate scarring in Hispanic skin.

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing for acne scars

+1

Fraxel and FX each can produce a good result with acne scarring provided that the physician performing each treatment is equivalently experienced in treating these scars. There are always risks with all procedures so discuss this thoroughly with your physician.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fraxel or FX Laser for Acne Scars?

+1

Hi,

Both Total FX and Fraxel repair are excellent treatments for the improvement of acne scars in medium toned Hispanic skin. There is an increased incidence of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) with both, but with time the PIH fades.

It is more important to choose your physician most carefully rather than between the two laser systems. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Fraxel works

+1

Fraxel works quite well for acne scars, better than anything else i have used the past 21 years. i don't have experience with fx, but i doubt it is any better, and it might not be as effective. from my perspective the proven winner over the past few years is fraxel. hope that helps.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon