I'm 38 yrs old, 5'4", 120 lbs. Which do you recommend, 350 HP or 304 mod+, to achieve natural looking breasts? (photos)

I put my deposit down for an augmentation. I am wavering between 304 mod + and 350 HP. I am scared of going too large and looking top heavy. I would prefer natural but do not mind going into the "did she or didn't she get a boob job" territory. I keep hearing of girls saying they wish they went bigger! I am 38 years old, 5'4" 120 lbs. BWD is 11.8 on one side and 12 on the other. I will be getting a donut lift to fix the sagging on one side. Thanks!

Implant Selection

Thank you for your question. i agree with the left periareolar mastopexy.   In terms of sizing,  It is much better to accurately discuss implant volume and projection with an in office exam and detailed measurements.

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements/characteristics. I use these measurements to help me during the sizing process to guide you to a safe result for your chest wall and just as important, one that meets your end desires.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor. The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant. It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you during the sizing process.

In addition, review of photos and use of rice bags can be very helpful to the patient and surgeon in achieving a safe and happy result. Close intereaction and involvement from your surgeon during this process can help alleviate the anxiety and fears of choosing the right size.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

HP vs mod profile implant?

I'm glad to hear your surgeon recommended a periareolar lift to address your asymmetry.  Now, in terms of breast implant sizing, there are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Implant volume and cup size

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Through the same incision, implants can be placed.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Mod + or HP

Choosing an implant can be a very difficult decision to make for a patient, but it should be easy for your examining surgeon.  To pick the correct implant it is always best to pick your size then pick the profile.  I would recommend for you  to see a board certified plastic surgeon to help you make your decision.

Arthur M. Cambeiro, MD

Implant selection

Breast implant selection is best done in the setting of a formal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Choose your surgeon carefully; this is the most important decision you will make in regards to your breast augmentation. All members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery are board certified in plastic surgery with experience in cosmetic surgery. surgery.org will give you a list of such surgeons in your area.

Come to your consultation prepared to discuss your aesthetic goals - bust fullness, figure balance and breast shape. Bringing photos to illustrate your point can be helpful. After an examination your surgeon will be able to discuss and recommend particular implants that will best achieve your aesthetic goals. Some surgeons will use various tools to help patients choose their implants. Implant sizing, 2D photography, 3D photography and photo gallery review are a few. Ultimately I believe the patient should make the final decision with regards to the implant. I believe the surgeon's role is to offer advice; I do not think the surgeon's role is to dictate which implants patients choose.

Implant size

Thank you for the photos and questions but you appear to be well managed by your present surgeon and I also fully agree with Dr Seckel's recommendations 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

I'm 38 yrs old, 5'4", 120 lbs. Which do you recommend, 350 HP or 304 mod+, to achieve natural looking breasts?

Based on your photos, neither of the implants should look top heavy. As to a specific implant for you, that takes an exam to determine.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Which is better 350 cc or 304 cc breast implants

Thank you for your question and photograph.  There is not a great deal of difference between the 2 implants you are considering.

You are starting from a good place and the fact you're having a lift on the lower sided breast is an excellent decision.

A breast implant sizing system evaluation during which specially shaped breast implants are placed into a non-padded bra will allow you to see what each size will look like on your frame and body.  This can be very helpful.

One option is to choose a 325 cc breast implant which is between the 2 sizes you are considering.  In my practice patients often ask me to use a saline sizer during surgery and see how both sizes look and they allow me to choose the size which looks better when they are unsure between 2 size variations of 25-50 cc.

For more information on choosing breast implant size please read the following link: