I'm 38 yrs old, 5'4", 120 lbs. Which do you recommend, 350 HP or 304 mod+, to achieve natural looking breasts? (photos)

I put my deposit down for an augmentation. I am wavering between 304 mod + and 350 HP. I am scared of going too large and looking top heavy. I would prefer natural but do not mind going into the "did she or didn't she get a boob job" territory. I keep hearing of girls saying they wish they went bigger! I am 38 years old, 5'4" 120 lbs. BWD is 11.8 on one side and 12 on the other. I will be getting a donut lift to fix the sagging on one side. Thanks!

Implant volume and cup size

+1
You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Through the same incision, implants can be placed.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Mod + or HP

+1
Choosing an implant can be a very difficult decision to make for a patient, but it should be easy for your examining surgeon.  To pick the correct implant it is always best to pick your size then pick the profile.  I would recommend for you  to see a board certified plastic surgeon to help you make your decision.

Arthur Cambeiro, MD

Implant selection

+1
Breast implant selection is best done in the setting of a formal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Choose your surgeon carefully; this is the most important decision you will make in regards to your breast augmentation. All members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery are board certified in plastic surgery with experience in cosmetic surgery. surgery.org will give you a list of such surgeons in your area.

Come to your consultation prepared to discuss your aesthetic goals - bust fullness, figure balance and breast shape. Bringing photos to illustrate your point can be helpful. After an examination your surgeon will be able to discuss and recommend particular implants that will best achieve your aesthetic goals. Some surgeons will use various tools to help patients choose their implants. Implant sizing, 2D photography, 3D photography and photo gallery review are a few. Ultimately I believe the patient should make the final decision with regards to the implant. I believe the surgeon's role is to offer advice; I do not think the surgeon's role is to dictate which implants patients choose.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Implant size

+1
Thank you for the photos and questions but you appear to be well managed by your present surgeon and I also fully agree with Dr Seckel's recommendations 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

I'm 38 yrs old, 5'4", 120 lbs. Which do you recommend, 350 HP or 304 mod+, to achieve natural looking breasts?

+1
Based on your photos, neither of the implants should look top heavy. As to a specific implant for you, that takes an exam to determine.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Which is better 350 cc or 304 cc breast implants

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph.  There is not a great deal of difference between the 2 implants you are considering.

You are starting from a good place and the fact you're having a lift on the lower sided breast is an excellent decision.

A breast implant sizing system evaluation during which specially shaped breast implants are placed into a non-padded bra will allow you to see what each size will look like on your frame and body.  This can be very helpful.

One option is to choose a 325 cc breast implant which is between the 2 sizes you are considering.  In my practice patients often ask me to use a saline sizer during surgery and see how both sizes look and they allow me to choose the size which looks better when they are unsure between 2 size variations of 25-50 cc.

For more information on choosing breast implant size please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS