I Am Trying to Decide Between 339cc or 371cc, What Do You Suggest For My Measurements?

I am a slender build, 5'9", weight 140, and am conservative in nature. I have broad shoulders so I do not want to look top heavy so-to-speak. Which Natrelle implant size would you suggest me using? I want to look like I have full breast and Ive heard stories about women wanting to go bigger afterwards.

Breast Implant Sizing

+2

Hello SRWallace1975,

It is always a pleasure answering questions before the surgery, and also answering questions from someone who does not want to be 'too big'.  If you look at most of my replies, you will see I am pretty much 'fire and brimstone' regarding the ills of inappropriate implant sizing, and it is true that anatomic based measurement will lead to the lowest risk of complications and unplanned reoperation. In your situation though, I think that your aesthetic goals should be firmly considered, as anatomic based sizing might lead to a result larger than your aesthetic goal.

There are two methods that I rely on to help you communicate to me your aesthetic goal.  One is based on photographs you bring in of models/celebrities whose proportions you desire.  The other is based on a sizing system I use in my office with a special bra and 'sizer' implants placed in the bra.  You can visualize yourself to see how you look and communicate what you like and what you don't.

Using the anatomic based measurements in conjunction with both photographs and sizing bra, I can come up with a size that will not leave you wanting for more or make you wish you went smaller.

The two implants you speak of are Natrelle Style 15s, a very popular profile.  There is little difference in size between them.  Further, the Style 10 could potentially be considered as well; I wouldn't know without a true physical exam and a more detailed discussion of your aesthetic goals.

I hope this was helpful to you.

Difference In 339cc/371cc Negligible

+2

The difference in an implant of 339cc and one of 371cc is hardly noticeable.  In fact it essentially is equal to 2 tablespoons.  Don't obscess about minute volume differences.  You likely will be happy with either.

John Whitt, MD

Breast Implant Sizing?

+2

I'm sure you are aware that your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you after direct examination and careful discussion. In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures to help with this communication process.

Generally, the smaller of the breast implants will lead to a more “natural” result;  however, as you mentioned, the most common regret after this operation is “I wish I was bigger”.

I would suggest that you meet with your plastic surgeon,  demonstrate your goals as clearly as possible in front of a full-length mirror and with the help of goal pictures.  Also show him/her picture examples of what are too big and examples of what are too small breasts.

After you have communicated your goals clearly and are comfortable that your plastic surgeon understands these goals,  ask him/her to use whichever breast implant will most closely achieve them for you.

Implant Selection

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy to determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's and body proportions than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant Size

+1

Thank you for your question. I would need more measures of your chest wall to make any formal recommendations.  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning

2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. So try these implants in the office to pick which look you like the best.

Hope this helps.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Choosing the right implant

+1

It seems that you have narrowed it down to 339cc or 371cc breast implants. This is an important step. It is also most important to measure your chest width. Your implant should be at least 1 cm less wide than your breast width. The difference between 339 and 371 is negligible, it amounts to two tablespoons. Either implant will give your desired result.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

You sound like a great candidate for breast augmentation.

+1

Hi.  Go with the smaller size.  But read this article.  Good luck!  

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

It take much more than height and weight to determine imlplant size

+1

Implnat sizing depends on your breast shape and skin envelope, chest size, height and weight of course, and your goal as the 'ideal' result for you. Rather than guess over numbers, work out how you wish to look after implants.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD

Choosing Implants.

+1

Without a physical exam it is not possible to answer your question. But in general the number of ccs should be of absolutely no concern at all to you. Your job is to show the doctor photos of the look you like and his job is to make it happen, however many ccs that takes.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Implant choices

+1

The two implants you listed are not that different. Either one is probably Ok if you were sized correctly.  An exam would be essential to figure out what would be best for you.