I Am Trying to Decide Between 304 and 339cc Silicone Subpectoral. Which Size Would the 339cc Place Me At. Currently Small 34b

I have a pretty slendar build.

Silicone implant size

+1

Without photos or knowing what size you want to be, I can only give you limited advice.  Both implants are very conservative sizes so I don't think you need to worry that you will be made too large.  Although this may not apply to your case, when a patient of mine is undecided between 2 sizes, I usually recommend the larger  size. This is just based on my own experience. More patients tell me if they had it to do over again they would opt for the larger size.  I hope this perspective is helpful to you.

How to pick breast implants.

+1

Hi.  I hope you find the following article useful.  Anyway a 35 cc difference between implants is pretty small.  Good luck!

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Implants and cup size

+1

First, it is difficult to say what cup size you would be with implants given that all bra manufacturers size their cups differently, As to what volume would be best for you, an exam is critical.  In addition a "baggy test" could be helpful for you to figure out what you like.

Choosing Between Breast Implant Sizes

+1

The debate between 304cc and 339cc in breast implant size ia an irrelevant one. That is a difference of only 35cc or 10% of the overall implant size...a size difference that can not be distinguished on the outward appearance of the breast. When in doubt go for the bigger size. The vast majority of breast implant size dissatisfaction is in not going big enough and rarely being too big. What cup size that would take you to from a 34B is a guess and not a scientific prediction. It would put you in the C cup range but many other factors determine whether you would see it as a fuller or smaller C cup size.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Which size is right for me

+1

The decision of breast implant size is best left to the surgeon who will be performing your surgery.  Plastic surgeons are trained and have experience with the implants and with the operation and are best able to determine what will be appropriate for each patient based on the size and shape of the breast and the compliance or stretchiness of the skin and breast tissue. 

Breast implant volume does not correlate with bra size for a number of reasons.  Surveys tell us that most women wear the wrong size bra so the starting point is usually not right. The breast implant does not determine final breast size that is a combination of the individual breast volume plus the implant volume. Since breast size will vary from one woman to another one size implant will make different women a different  size.

There will be very little difference between the two sizes you mentioned. The difference may not be noticeable at all after surgery.  In general patients with problems after a breast augmentation tend to have implants that are larger than would have been ideal.  Women who look like they have had a breast augmentation typically have implants that are larger than would have been ideal.  Larger breast implants tend to cause problems which usually need additional surgery to correct.

Especially if you are slender a more conservative size implant will look better sooner after surgery and it will look better for longer after surgery. Thank you for your question and good luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size

+1

Hello Janelle42,

As you have heard from the others, 'there is little difference in implant sizes of 35 cc', 'implant size and bra size have no direct correlation', and 'there is no standardized bra sizing'.  Let me add that it's more important which size, if either, will be a best fit for your anatomy.  Your doctor should be sizing you based on your anatomy to make sure that he has chosen the implant that will cause the least risk for complications. 

The doctors on realself.com field questions 24/7/365 from women who have already had a surgery, and now have a complication(s), most of which could have been prevented with a smaller implant, one that was anatomically appropriate for their body.  Granted, these implants are usually much larger than the sizes you are comtemplating, but the point is that implants should be sized by the surgeon, and the decision regarding your implant size, shape and profile should be made by the surgeon.  These decisions will reduce your risk of complications from 25% to 2.5%.

Who you chose to be your surgeon also has a significant impact on your outcome. There is a gross misconception that breast augmentation can be performed well by anyone, and that you should pick the best price possible. This is not true at all, I hope you realize this.  You should see surgeons that have a great reputation for breast surgery.  These doctors should also be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and also be members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

What size of implant...

+1

Implant volume and cup size are not equal in women:  meaning a 5'4" patient versus a 5'9" would have different cup sizes with the same implant.  A surgeon usually asks, and tries to produce, a certain "look" irregardless of final cup size.  Most bra manufactures do not standardize their cup sizes.

The 35cc difference that you are concerned about is a little over 2 tablespoons;  not really much volume difference.  The implants differ in diameter by 5mm (less than 1/4 inch) and no difference in projection.  Basically, they would look the same and not change cup size.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Bra size to cup size is a guess for most

+1

There is just no way to tell what size you will be with a 339cc breast implant. If it could only be that easy. Better to find a surgeon who will work with you to give you the look that you want. The number will soon be forgotten.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Implant Size

+1

I recommend either posting pictures  or provide more information regarding your measurements.  Typically, in my practice patients tend to go slightly larger.  Again, without knowing what you currently look like and measurements, it's difficult to say what the best size will be.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Implant size and cup

+1

there just is not enough information on your case to determinewhat sort of change would be anticipated. Also there is no agreed standard on bra size.

Jay M. Pensler, MD