I Cant Decide Between 300-350cc Silicone, Or Which Profile to Get. I Want Natural Looking (photo)

I am 29 years old. I have a 32B currently. My rib is 28". I wanted to get teardrop but my dr only does round. I want them to look natural. I dont want them to be too round up top giving the "fake" look. Because im quite small I was going to go 300-350 but I dont know which profile is better for my size I think my chest size across is 11.2. I have breast fed one child and one breast seems larger and sags a bit more. I was also wondering if I would have to get a different size in one? THX!

Breast implants and size selection

+1

Thank you for your question and the photo. Yes, from the picture you appear to have a petite frame.  In the size range of 300-350, the only ones that have a base diameter to accommodate are the high profile which can give you problems over time and tend not to look natural.

If you want a natural look, you may want to go with a moderate plus in a smaller size.  If you want a significant increase in cup size, then you may choose a high profile so they are not so wide.  It's a tough call not having the advantage of examining you.

To make your final decision, see at least two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Don't miss the Forrest for the Trees...

+1

Hi there-

I'm sure that you, like most other women who embark on the path you are on to breast augmentation, did so because you had an image in your mind of the appearance you would prefer your upper body to have, right?

As long as we can agree on this, is should be easy to understand that you and your surgeon's goals should center on the creation of this appearance, and not on placing a particular implant.

I therefore believe that choosing an implant prior to surgery is not in your best interests. Your best bet is to carefully communicate to your surgeon your desired appearance, and give them the freedom to do what is necessary to achieve these appearance goals.

Armando Soto, MD

Choosing your own breast implant

+1

For most, a round smooth, moderate to moderate plus will cause the fewest problems and a natural result to last many years. High profile implants are popular and a 'look' today. The look you want should be your choice alone. Don't be tempted to choose the implant. Instead focus on the look you are after.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

+1

Even with a nicely posted frontal photo very hard to advise over the internet. My guess is to use HP implants. 

Picking implants

+1
Picking implant style and size should be based on your desires, breast and chest dimensions and your surgeon's experience. Most commonly, patients wish they went a little bigger. So, if your waffling between two sizes, you may wish to consider the larger size of the two if the larger implant will fit within you breast dimensions. As the implants get larger, they get wider in a single style. Thus, you may need to go with a narrower (moderate plus or high profile) style to get the desired volume to fit within your breast dimensions. You should discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Implant selection

+1

All implants assume a teardrop shape inside your body. Symmetry and evenness will be more important to you than the shape of the implant, or where the incision is made. The size you are looking at is pretty average. A teardrop implant that rotates looks goofy. Unless they are HIGHLY cohesive (form stable...think gummy bears), go round.

David Janssen, MD, FACS
Oshkosh Plastic Surgeon

Shape of implant

+1

To choose the right implant for you requires a physical exam and a discussion of your needs.  If you ask the sales rep which shape implant they sell the most, it is the round implant.  "teardrop" shaped implants my turn inside and look funny.

Which profile implant to use

+1

First, "teardrop" implants are only readily available in saline unless you are referring to the form stable gel implants which are only available from limited surgeons in controlled studies (I'm not one of them). So, unless you are able to get to one of these surgeons you need to decide whether you want gel or saline. Based on your photo and goals, I think you will do well with either round or teardrop and wound recommend round since there are simply less issues. You do have some asymmetry which you have identified and will continue to have some small difference between the  breasts after surgery. With that being said, you should get a great result. go for it.

Ronald Schuster, MD

How to go about choosing your breast implants?

+1

As well meaning and detailed as you were in providing some of your physical information, there are more factors that go into picking the best breast implant for you. The most important factor is the amount of breast tissue available to cover the breast implants. Since all breast implants ripple, to prevent the world from seeing such ripples once the implants are placed in your breasts, the amount of your available breast tissue determines the size of the implants that CAN be covered. Next, with a group of implants that fit this requirement in mind, the choice is whittled down by your choice of saline VS silicone filled implants, of  high profile or moderate profile implants, further limiting the choice. Next, you can try and see what you look like with these implants in your bra understanding they will look larger than they will after surgery (when they are under the breast and muscle). However, THE BEST way to get the closest view of what  you would look like without having to first have the surgery is by having Virtual Breast Augmenation using the Canfield VECTRA 3D digital imaging. You can check their website for Plastic surgeons offering this advanced technology. 

Good luck

What Implant Profile to Use

+1

Stick with the round amooth implants. For most patients the moderate or moderate plus gives a beautiful and natural result. As far as size, you should not be the one picking that out. Discuss with your surgeon what look you want and it's best to show him pictures of medical quality, not commercial models. He'll find the size that gives that look for you.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD