Debating 286cc Vs 304cc Natrelle Implants For my Small 101 Pound Frame.

I am 101 pounds and am 5' 6" tall. My dr and I have decided on two implant sizes the 286 or 304s. My dr said 304 would give me good cleavage and about a small C cup size which I thought I wanted, but after seeing pictures of people around my size who got 300cc I feel like that might be too big. Would I still get good cleavage and be a full B or a small C with the 286? I dont know why this small of a size difference is bothering me, but when I tryed on the sizers they did seem different to me.

Trying sizers doesn't predict result

+2

Trying on sizers does NOT correspond to what will really happen to you when the implant is placed.  The difference between the 286 cc and the 304 cc implants placed externally would NEVER be apparent when placed retro-pectoral.  The general rule of thumb is each 100 cc corresponds to 1 cup size change if you are a size 30 or 32.  Each 22 cc would correspond to 1 cup size change if you are a size 34 or 36 circumference.  Figure out the size you want to be, where you are starting from and then calculate the volume needed to produce the size you desire.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant choices

+1

Without an exam it is impossible for me to "size you up".  The two implants discussed are only a shot glass volume difference which is very small.

Slightly Bigger Breast Implant Size Is Usually Better Choice

+1

The difference in volume between 286 and 304 is 19ccs or a 6% total volume difference between the two breast implant sizes. This is an insignificant difference and one you should not waste time pondering about. Go with the slightly bigger implant as there is no chance that it will make you too big but there is a very real chance that you will have wished you went bigger down the road after surgery. The other concept to get over is one of cleavage, neither breast implant size will make cleavage for you.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

What implant size is right for me?

+1

From your measurements, you are very thin and likely not with much breast tissue. The difference between the two implants is very small, but someone with your height is likely to be more of a full B than perhaps a C. Unless your chest is very narrow, you might end up with the implants being too narrow on your chest. Unfortunately, without a photo, you would need to be examined in person to make this determination.  The common complaint is that patients feel they didn't go big enough, not too big. Be certain that you would rather be smaller before you make that decision.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Choosing Breast Implant Size?

+1

As you know  it is not possible to give you accurate advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals. Also, as you know, the difference in volume between the 2 implants you are discussing is minimal. In other words, you will probably do well with either choice.

Generally speaking, the most common regret after breast augmentation surgery ( in regards to breast size) is  “I wish I was bigger”.

I would suggest that you communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures);  ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve those goals  after evaluating the intraoperative look with temporary sizers.