I Am Interested in Brow Lift and my Question is How Painfull Is, How Long Recovery Last and Price. I Am 40 Years Old?

As I said I am 40 years old but always had bags under my eyes and now brows droping so make it even worst. I live in Dubai, where is your surgery? Approximately how much would cost operation?

Hi There,

Here is a link to the average cost of Brow Lifts reported by our community members.

Hopefully this helps!

Price, Pain And Recovery For A Brow Lift

A well done brow lift should last 20 years or more.  The brow lift includes repositioning of the eyebrows, removal of the corrugator muscle to decrease the glabellar frown lines, grafting of tissue to the glabellar region to give a youthful bossing (fullness) to this area, and some form of interruption of the frontalis muscle to decrease deep horizontal wrinkles of the forehead. 

Recovery time for this type of procedure is usually 5-7 days, and a well placed pair of sunglasses can usually have you going out for coffee in about 3 days.  This procedure is surprisingly unpainful, and about 10 pain pills or less usually suffice. 

The cost of a brow lift depends on the extent of surgery, where the grafted tissue comes from, and the region of the country you have the surgery in.  In Hawaii, this surgery should cost between $6,000 - $12,000. 

How much does browlift cost?

Browlift can be performed to improve the outer arch and height of the brow. The cost depends on the average price for the surgery in the surgeon's community. In San Antonio, the cost varies between $4000 to $7000.  

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlift

A brow lift (forehead lift) softens deep creases across the forehead, reduces frown lines between the eyebrows at the top of your nose, and can elevate drooping eyebrows. The result is a more relaxed and refreshed appearance.

The brow lift can be performed through an incision on the scalp hidden within your hair or through several small incisions on the scalp using an endoscope to see the underlying structures.

After the brow lift you will experience bruising and swelling of the forehead which may involve eyelids and cheeks. You can wash your hair several days after surgery, and plan on returning to work within ten days.

Brow lift

The recovery from the browlift is about 3-5 days. There is some bruising and swelling which improves significantly with ice and head elevation. Photographs would be great for a further discussion

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Browlift Procedures

There are a variety of browlift procedures, the most common I perform using the lateral browlift technique, which has a 3 to 5 day recovery period and can be concealed after this time.  These procedures are usually performed under oral sedation and local anesthesia, with the ability if desired to remove the excess fat of the lower lids at the same time, under twilight sedation.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlift

There are different way to do a browlift, but I prefer to do browlifts endoscopically using a camera and small hidden incisions.  This will improve your brows and your overall facial appearance.  The pain is generally minimal and most patients recover within 1-2 weeks.  For my international patients, we can schedule a phone or video consultation first to determine what is needed to improve your appearance.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Browlift questions

We operate on patients from all over the world.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) to discuss your expectations.  Without seeing photos, I cannot determine your needs.  Browlifts are performed in an outpatient setting under general anesthesia.  At the same time, you may  have your upper and lower eyelids done.  The eyelid sutures are usually removed in 5 days.  We like for our patients to stay in the area for @10 days after surgery.  There is little to no pain with these procedures, on average.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

We have many patients that travel here to Beverly Hills from the Middle East but photos of your eyes and brows would help with the evaluation.  I only perform Brow Lifts on women who aesthetically would benefit from raising the eyebrows into the ideal aesthetic position.  If excess upper eyelid skin, also exists, or there are lower eyelid fat bags...these can be addressed at the same time.  

A Brow Lift takes about 1 hour and is performed under a general anesthetic.  There may be some slight discomfort after the procedure that is well controlled with mild pain medication.  We have all of our out of town/country patients stay in an aftercare facility for 1 or 2 nights following surgery in our private, accredited surgical facility.  You would be able to return home in about 8 - 10 days following the Brow Lift.  Photos would be required before pricing could be determined.  Hope this helps.

Browlift and Blepharoplasty

The cost of the surgery depends on the surgeon and the area in the country. For example, the costs are likely much higher in New York City than in Seattle.

A browlift in our area costs between $5000-6000 and for eyelid surgery [upper and lower] about the same.

Photos would help us advise you whether you would be a candidate for either of those surgeries.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow Lift

We would need to see pictures to give you specific advice.  However, blepharoplasty can be performed to your "eye bags" and brow lift can give used to lift your brows.  There are many techniques for brow lift - direct, endoscopic and open.  The specific technique would be chosen based on your anatomy and lift requirements.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD