What cream would you recommend to treat my scars after Tummy Tuck and Liposuction? (photo)

I had Lipo and a Tummy Tuck 4 weeks ago. So far all I've been advised to do is massage the scar with lotion. Where can I find the gel and tape that you speak of and how many times a day do you change it? Thank you! Kim /Boca Raton, FL

Ask about embrace

+2
It is an expensive treatment but well worth the cost. It is sheet of silicone that can shrink down to help hold the scar in good position while it heals.

What cream would you recommend to treat my scars after Tummy Tuck and Liposuction?

+2
There are many effective products you could use after a tummy tuck procedure, scar-guard, mederma , silicone strips. Follow up with your surgeon to see which one he recommend better for his/her patients.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Scar treatment after tummy tuck

+2
Massage of the scar is a great idea. It is all that I specifically recommend to my patients as well. There are so many scar creams, gels, lotions, and other topical treatments that you could also be using. Whether or not they truly help the scars is a matter of debate. Several of the scar therapies that you can get at your local drugstore include Mederma, Scarguard, Scarfade, and silicone sheets. The recommended application instructions for each are found on the packaging. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Creams post op

+1
There really is no one best cream.Each patient will respond to different creams etc.Mederma is the best known and also Kelcote and silastic gel strips.I bet you could google them and they would be available if not at your doctors office.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

+1
ALWAYS best to ask your Boca Plastic Surgeon so you are following your chosen surgeons advise. It takes a quick phone call to him/her...

Healing scars are best left alone.

+1
There is no evidence that any topical treatment improves the outcome of scars. Massage my actually release histamine and create more scarring. Best to just make sure nothing irritates the healing incision.