Received Eurosilicone 350cc 4 Months Ago, Size B to D. Is Some Pain And Sensitivity Normal?

They look beautiful, no swelling or any redness... I just have a question for you that worries me? Sometimes the left side of my breast get a sting pain in the area below the nipple towards the middle of my breasts. The sting pain come and goes... Some days I can even feel it and other days it is quite sensitive... My operation was done on 2 August 2011. The cut was done around the nipple which is still sensitive when I touch there. Do I need to see a doctor? I am living in a vary small town

Nipple Sensitivity

+1

Some of what you are experiencing is normal. For instance, most women notice a change in nipple sensibility after breast augmentation which usually subsides by 6 months to a year. There is roughly a 10% chance of losing sensitivity but no study shows whether that is erotic sensation or just 2 point discrimination. Shooting pains from the area of the breast that you mentioned are also common and come from dissection when placing the implant. Many patients feel this for over a year. As far as the nipple pointing inward, I would need to see pre and postop photos since that has a lot to do with the original shape of the breast but it could usually be fixed.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Sensitivity after breast augmentation

+1

It sounds that what you're experiencing is normal.  The nerves stretch rapidly during the surgical process and it can take some time for them to return to normal.  You may experience numbness, sharp pain etc...It's never a bad idea to give your surgeons' office a call and chat with them directly.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Occasional pain and sensitivity 4 months post-augmentation is normal healing!

+1

I'm glad to hear you are happy with your appearance, since the intermittent stinging and sensitivity is absolutely normal for this time in your overall recovery. It takes many months for nerves to heal completely, and occasional twinges or electric-like sensations are simply signs that your healing nerves are sending signals to your brain.

Gentle massage of the periareolar scar tissue can help to desensitize any "singing" nerves here, but over time these sensations will diminish and ultimately resolve. There may still be an occasional "zinger" of sensation in years to come if movement stretches a nerve, just because there is some scar tissue along the surgical planes, but this needn't worry you.

Do your monthly self-exams a week after your menstrual cycles, obtain a baseline mammogram 1 year after surgery, and follow-up with your surgeon and regular physician as you normally would. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Pain and healing after breast augmentation

+1

what you describe sounds like normal healing..  you will have abnormal sensations:

burning, electric shocks, tingling , hyper or hypo sensitivity

that can continue for 6 to 24 months during healing of the nerves..ibuprofen or some other meds can help if needed

Is pain and sensitivity normal?

+1

The pain and nipple sensitivity you describe are very common after breast augmentation.  They usually decrease in intensity and frequency as time goes on.  Most patients report occasional symptoms at six months and none at one year.  If your symptoms increase or you are still concerned, see your doctor for reassurance.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Pain and Sensitivity after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Assuming your breasts are soft  I do not think you are dealing with capsular  contracture.  The “shooting pain” you are experiencing is quite common after breast surgery and usually gradually resolves spontaneously. Hypersensitivity of the nipple/areola also usually resolves spontaneously.

Of course, in person consultation will give you the best piece of mind (you may want to arrange a consultation if you remain concerned or the symptoms remain the same in a few months).