Will Scar Tissues Regrow After Revision?

1 year ago I had my primary rhinoplasty. The bone was shaved and the tip was totally reshaped. After 1 year, my doctor and I realized that my tip is perfect. During the last months however, c. 2-3 mm scarring had grown to the "tip defining point" and also a bit higher dorsum. 1 week ago my doctor shaved and resected the excess bone and cartilage with closed technique, in local anesthesy. I saw the result in the operating table, before putting the cast. How possibly I will have regrow this time?

Regrowth of Nasal Scar Tissue

+2
Scar tissue is normal after rhinoplasty. Usually this does not distort the appearance of the nose. Your problem was more than scar tissue if he removed "excess bone and cartilage". It is unlikely you will have  excessive scar formation, but continue to see your surgeon. Very small injections of steroids may be helpful.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is not uncommon to need a minor revision like you had.  About 5-7% of patients need one.  There is no way to guarantee that no scar tissue developes.  You may want to see you plastic surgeon often during the early healing phases to see if you need any steroid injection to control the scar tissue.  Good luck.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Scar Tissue in a Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

In any rhinoplasty, whether a primary or a revision, there will be scar tissue. The question is whether the scar tissue will be visible or not. That is difficult to say and only time will tell.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com