Will DDD Breasts Sag if Breast Implants Are Removed?

I have Saline Breast implants that I got 5 years ago. I always thought my boobs were too big. They are now a 32DDD. I'm 5'2'' 115lbs.

In April 09, we were involved in a car accident and now the insurance is gonna pay for my implants to be replaced. They came out of the pocket? I think I want to just get a lift and go for a 32B or C with no implant.

Will my boobs look saggy? Can I get a Breast lift or do I require a reduction?

Removing breast implant with reduction and lift

+2

In my opinion, I would advise a breast reduction with a breast lift and implant removal in order to achieve a more youthful lifted breast.

Removing breast implants and sagging

+2

Your breasts will more than likely sag after you remove them. It is unclear what size that they will be. Usually, the breasts flatten out a bit with implants and it really depends upon what amount of native breast tissue that you started out with.

Breast implant removal

+1

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Occasionally, I see patients who just want the implants removed because they don't want the implants "to be a part of them" anymore.  Make sure you think about this and that this is the right thing for you.  It's difficult to say if you need a lift after removal -- no one will know exactly what your breasts will look like after the implants are removed until it is done.  Talk to a well-trained and experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and get good advice.

Breast lift

+1

You are not giving us enough information.

What size were you before the implants? What is the size of the implants? How do the breasts look now?

Have a good Board certified Plastic surgeon see and examine you and they will be able to give you a better advice.

Augmented Breasts will sag when Implants are removed

+1

In all your description, you failed to mention how large your breasts were BEFORE the surgery and what size / fill implants were placed during your augmentation.

As a general principle, having large breast implants CAUSES both thinning of the breast tissue AND sagging of the breasts. As a result, when implants are removed, the resulting breasts look smaller and saggier than the breasts which were augmented. So - it is difficult to predict what volume your ex-planted breast would be.

Moreover, attempting to lift sagging, previously augmented breasts, involves removing breast skin envelope which MAY reduce the blood flow to the nipple. The flow can be reduced to a point where the nipple could die. This is particularly true in cases of women who smoke or inhale smoke from others.

Dr. P. Aldea