I'm 6 ft, 145 lbs, and B cup. What Size Breast Implant is Best for Me?
Doctor Answers (8)
Schedule a consultation to choose size.
Size is a complex decision that is not only based upon your height, weight and current cup/bra size but ALSO on also on your breast diameter, waist, shoulder, and skin envelope measurements. These can only be assessed in person during a consultation.
Implant size selection to achieve your goals
I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Breast Implants and Size
The size of the implants is determined by a number of factors including your base diameter, height, weight,,and build. During a sizing appointment with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, all of these factors will be accessed. Your Surgeon will also ask about your expectations. Together you will choose the implant size that will achieve your desired results. Best wishes!
You might also like...
Best Breast Implant Size For Any Patient Must Consider Numerous Factors
Some breast augmentation patients do mention later that they wish they had gone a little bigger. This is usually the result of what I call 'cosmetic accomodation'. This means that their initial breast implant size selection was satisfactory but, over time, they got used to their new breast size. As a result, what once was adequate later seems not quite as big. This does not necessarily mean that you should go bigger to avoid this potential concern. Most of those patients that express this size observation are not bothered enough to change their breast implant size. The difference between 550cc and 600cc is only a 9% change in volume which is not visibly discernible.
Hard to give you good answer without pictures
How to pick breast implants.
How to pick breast implant sizes
Article by George J. Beraka, MD
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon
1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.
2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.
3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.
4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.
5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.
6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.
7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.
8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.
600 cc implants
600 cc implants are quite large, and while 50 cc's doesn't make a big difference, the larger the implant there more risk of sagging.
Selecting the right breast implant for ones body.
You describe yourself as tall, narrow and very thin. Despite this, 600cc implants may be quite large for you. If anything, you would benefit from a high profile silicone implant which will provide you with maximal projection and lesser width. Make sure that these are what are being offered.
Even though 50cc is not a big difference, there will be an increase in width. Will this increase result in too wide or too high an implant? That is something for your plastic surgeon to discuss with you. I suggest that you obtain 1 or 2 more opinions.
Finally, with these size implants, you will be experiencing significant stretching and thinning of your skin fairly quickly.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.