Is Dd/ddd Possible to Get Reducedto a Small A/B Cup?

I am a dd/ddd cup and i would like to go down to size A/B cup is this possible i have been doing my research for 3yrs and i am 21 yrs old 5'5 120 pounds very thin i dont mind having the free nipple graft to achieve my desired look please help my pre-op app is april 18th 2012

Breast reduction size options

+1

I agree with Dr. Pousti. Breast reduction is not a totally cosmetic procedure and even if it were it is not possible or reasonable to be whatever size or shape you feel you would like. From a functional or normal standpoint, the female body is built to handle A, B, and C cup size breasts (relative to the chest circumference). Any symptoms or stresses from breast size and weight are corrected by getting into the C cup range. It is not necessary to go from too large to too small to solve the problems of overly large breasts. A mid B cup is an average size breast and seems a reasonable size limit for reduction. Reducing a female breast and then augmenting it with an implant later doesn't make much sense. I would agree with the option to reduce to a reasonable, average size, and surgically safe size and then see if further reduction seems reasonable. Another option is to reduce the breast to a reasonable size and then consider liposuction of the breast to reduce the fat content if desired. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction to Very Small Size?

+1

Yes, breasts can be reduced to a very small cup size. Depending on the patient this may be possible in a single stage operation. 

Sometimes  when patients want “almost nothing left”  the reduction should be done in 2 stages.  The concern with the amount of tissue removed is related to blood flow to the remaining tissue;  if too much tissue is removed in one operation the blood flow to the remaining tissue (including nipple/areola)  may be compromised.   Part of the tissue that is left in place is called the “pedicle"; this segment of tissue is responsible for delivering the blood supply to the nipple/areola tissue. If the pedicle is made too small (in the effort to reduce the breasts as much as possible)  then patient will likely have problems with tissue survival.  Doing the procedure in more than one stage allows the tissues to  acclimate to the surgically decreased blood flow before  further tissue removal (and potentially further decreased blood flow)  occurs ( with the 2nd stage operation).

The other concern with overly aggressive breast reduction surgery is patient dissatisfaction  afterwards.  It is not unusual for patients who have lived with very large breasts to want to have as much as possible removed. Care must be taken to be judicious in this removal to avoid an outcome where the breasts  are too small in relation (proportionately) to the patient's other body parts.  Again, it is not uncommon, for patients'  breasts to become smaller ( after the breast reduction procedure) with time and/or weight loss-  breast augmentation may become necessary to achieve the patient size goals.

Breast Reduction DDD to A/B is possible

+1

Dear Gina:

It is possible to reduce breasts to an A or B cup. You should feel free to discuss this with your plastic surgeon to learn the pros and cons. With free nipple grafting the breast can be made flat. This is most commonly done for men, because men don't like having a lot of breast tissue and the loss of nipple sensation is not usually a problem for men.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon