DD Breast Looking for Reduction Whats the Smallest I Can Go with out the Surgery Being a Risk?

Breast Reduction Smallest Size Possible

+1

It is possible to reduce the breasts size very significantly.   Sometimes  when patients want “almost nothing left”  the reduction should be done in 2 stages.  The concern with the amount of tissue removed is related to blood flow to the remaining tissue;  if too much tissue is removed in one operation the blood flow to the remaining tissue (including nipple/areola)  may be compromised.   Part of the tissue that is left in place is called the “pedicle"; this segment of tissue is responsible for delivering the blood supply to the nipple/areola tissue. If the pedicle is made too small (in the effort to reduce the breasts as much as possible)  then patient will likely have problems with tissue survival.  Doing the procedure in more than one stage allows the tissues to  acclimate to the surgically decreased blood flow before  further tissue removal (and potentially further decreased blood flow)  occurs ( with the 2nd stage operation).

The other concern with overly aggressive breast reduction surgery is patient dissatisfaction  afterwards.  It is not unusual for patients who have lived with very large breasts to want to have as much as possible removed. Care must be taken to be judicious in this removal to avoid an outcome where the breasts  are too small in relation (proportionately) to the patient's other body parts.  Again, it is not uncommon, for patients'  breasts to become smaller ( after the breast reduction procedure) with time and/or weight loss-  breast augmentation may become necessary to achieve the patient size goals.

It will behoove you to seek consultation in person with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

I  hope this helps.

+1

So many factors involved. Best to see in person a boarded PS in your area to discuss these options in detail. 

Breast reduction

+1

Hi Jenny,

I'm afraid I don't understand your question. Could you please be more specific and include pictures to best help you. Will you be using insurance to cover procedure? Are you financing surgery yourself? The answer to these questions greatly affect the outcome of breast reductions. Please re-submit question.

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Vertical breast reduction is safe and very versatile.

+1

Hi.

Most women like you want to have C cups breasts. B cup breasts can certainly be achieved safely, if that is what fits your anatomy and your expectations.

The point is that breast reduction is very safe and is not dependent on final size.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Small is possible

+1
You need to be seen and examined. There are different techniques that depend on your chest configuration. Talk to the surgeon.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast reduction

+1
The smallest that you can go with a reduction will depend on your anatomy and nipple position as well as the technique chosen. Some techniques can make you smaller but have potential for less sensation and more scarring. This is something you need to discuss with your surgeon.

David L. Abramson, MD

Size decrease with breast reduction

+1

Our facility specializes in "Scarless" otherwise know as liposuction only,breast reduction. it offers and interesting option 4 women who want to go very small the boise very significant scars. it is limited by skin tone and the amount of fat in the breast.. I have done as much as a 5 cup size reduction in women with truly hugebreast. our average reduction is between 2 and 3 cup sizes

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon