If I Remove 700cc From 42DD, Where Would That Put Me? (photo)

I'm having BR, TT with lipo on flanks and also muscle repair. PS advised Aetna wants 700cc removed per breast. I am currently 207 lb with 42DD. Where do you think that would put me realistically?

Breast reductions and tummy tucks and more

+1

As alluded to by my colleagues, surgery times over 6 hours does increase your risks for complications.  Perhaps your surgeon is fast and can complete the procedures within that time frame or close to it. 

As for your breast size after a reduction, its difficult to estimate with accuracy as some people have large fluffy breasts that do not weigh much and others have dense breasts that weigh a lot.  Since you have insurance minimums to meet, you have obligated yourself to meeting that minimum and will have to accept the resultant cup size.  Your surgeon who examined you should have a good idea of what your end result will be.

As for your tummy, if your tummy does not go flat when you lay supine, you have to understand  that achieving a flat tummy when upright will be difficult.  Again, your surgeon should be able to counsel you on the anticipated results.

Best wishes with your surgery but your size does increase your risks if your surgery runs long.

Combining multiple procedures

+1

A 42 DD breast corresponds to 2.6 liter per side.  Removal of 700 cc's would bring you down to 1900 cc's, which is between a B and a C.  I would not recommend a breast reduction, a tummy tuck and liposuction done at the same time.  This is a long operation for a 207 lb patient and you may have pulmonary complications including pulmonary embolism.  I recommend you undergo an abdominoplasty with mesh reinforcement first.  After losing weight from the abdominoplasty, then do the breast reduction.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

If I Remove 700cc From 42DD, Where Would That Put Me?

+1

Thanks for the photos posted. WOW some much surgery in one setting. At that weight I'm concerned for the amount of time in surgery could approach 6 to 8 hours. You might want to reconsider in staging theses operation especially at the weight of 207. You may have increased risks for postoperative complications. As to the size 700 cc's removed would give you, about a large C or small D cup. Be careful out there. Regards 

Breast reduction calculations

+1
A 700 cc reduction should leave you at a large C cup. This is all conjecture, of course. My larger concern would be that your reduced breasts will make your abdomen appear larger and from the photo, I am unsure whether liposuction will produce an appropriate abdominal contour. If you are referring to abdominoplasty with liposuction, that is entirely different. Under Aetna's guidelines, you may not be approved because of BMI calculations as you fall outside their weight standard so be prepared for this unless you have extremely well documented conservative medical management.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Cup size after breast reduction

+1
While it's difficult to tell by you pictures and without examining you, you should expect to be a D cup after 700g removal per side. Your decision to undergo abdominoplasty at the same time if you are healthy is a wise one. Good luck.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

How much to remove for breast reduction

+1

Making this sort of estimation is difficult with just photos and its best to rely on what your surgeon reported to you as they are the only ones that have seen you in person.  Try to get a second opinion if you are not getting even rough answers about what size you may end up being in the end.  Of course no-one can be 100% accurate in their estimates but an experienced surgeon will be able to give you an esteimate of the change based on their surgical  technique and experience.

Nikesh K. Patel, MD
Freehold Plastic Surgeon