DCR for Iatrogenic Dacrostenosis After Rhinoplasty?

I am 10wk postop rhinoplasty and need DCR for trauma to my NL duct. 3 experienced oculoplastic surgeons have probed and confirmed this. Tearing has worsened and now the lacrimal sac has scarred and the tears spray out of my eye. None of them will do endoscopic DCR in my situation as they say my nares and middle nasal vault are too small, and that the procedure will fail. I am disappointed at this situation and complication which all state should not have occurred. How obvious will this scar be?

DCR

+2

Sorry to hear of your trouble.  You should proceed through the DCR procedure without major scars and this operation can be a God Send.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

DCR After Rhioplasty

+1

Hi,

I am sorry for the troubled situation you are enduring.

However, I recommend that you proceed with the DCR procedure as you do not want your situation to get worse and irreparable damage takes place.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS