Is 9 Days Enough Time off Work During Augmentation and Lift Surgery?

I work a desk job and I'm planning to be off work for 9 days I was wondering if this is a realistic timeframe for returning to work?

Time off Work for desk job

+1
Each surgeon has his or her own guidelines for recovery. Typically, patients can return to light activity after 5 to 7 days. More strenuous activity may take 3 to 6 weeks. Consult with your board certified surgeon as he or she will understand the scope of the surgery and the specifics of you.

Realistic time frame to return to work

+1

The only activities I would restrict a patient to after a breast augmentation would be not to lift greater than 20 pounds and avoid activities where the breasts bounce up and down for 6 weeks.  As long as you stay in a well fitting bra you should be fine.  YOu also can not drive a car when taking pain medications. Atlanta Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Z

Return to Work After Breast Augmentation

+1

This should be plenty of time for your early recovery since you work a desk job. At this point you should be able to be off your prescription pain pills and take Motrin type medication and therefore be able to drive. I would still be careful for another 2 to 3 weeks before you did something strenuous such as exercise. It takes about this time frame till your wounds are healed that you will not cause any damage. Regardless, the person who did your surgery knows best since they did your operation.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Lift and augmentation and return to work

+1

It is quite possible that after 9 days you may be able to go back to work at a desk job if there are no complications.

Time off after Breast Augmentation

+1

As long as you stay away from heavy lifting, you should be fine to go back to work in 9 days.  Be sure to discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon prior to your surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Time off after augmentation

+1

Yes, I think that nine days off after breast augmentation should be fine as long a you do not need to be doing heavy lifting, pushing or pulling. Check with your surgeon though. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Returning to work after augmentation and lift

+1

Since you stated you have a desk job, nine days off should be just fine.   I generally advise no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 4 weeks.  You need to give time for all your incisions to heal.  Please touch base with your plastic surgeon to get his/her specific recommendations.  Best of luck!

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Returning to work

+1

Based on the type of work you described, nine days should be adequate time off for recovery.  You will still have lifting and some exercise restrictions for several weeks if your implants are placed beneath the muscle. 

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift and Time Off From Work

+1

For a sedentary job with little physical exertion return to work in a week is reasonable. The breast augmentation, if placed in submuscular fashion, is the more painful of the two procedures.  You will need 4 to 6 weeks before returning to exercise or any type of exertion.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA 

How many days do I need to take off after breast augmentation surgery?

+1

Thanks very much for your question.  I think 9 days off is an appropriate amount of time prior to returning to work.  You will still be sore at that point, but it will be safe to go back to work.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon