Is 9 Days Enough Time off Work During Augmentation and Lift Surgery?

I work a desk job and I'm planning to be off work for 9 days I was wondering if this is a realistic timeframe for returning to work?

Time off Work for desk job

Each surgeon has his or her own guidelines for recovery. Typically, patients can return to light activity after 5 to 7 days. More strenuous activity may take 3 to 6 weeks. Consult with your board certified surgeon as he or she will understand the scope of the surgery and the specifics of you.

1501 Forest Hill Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33406

Realistic time frame to return to work

The only activities I would restrict a patient to after a breast augmentation would be not to lift greater than 20 pounds and avoid activities where the breasts bounce up and down for 6 weeks.  As long as you stay in a well fitting bra you should be fine.  YOu also can not drive a car when taking pain medications. Atlanta Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Z

3096 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Duluth, GA 30097

Return to Work After Breast Augmentation

This should be plenty of time for your early recovery since you work a desk job. At this point you should be able to be off your prescription pain pills and take Motrin type medication and therefore be able to drive. I would still be careful for another 2 to 3 weeks before you did something strenuous such as exercise. It takes about this time frame till your wounds are healed that you will not cause any damage. Regardless, the person who did your surgery knows best since they did your operation.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

2060 East Paris Avenue SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546

Lift and augmentation and return to work

It is quite possible that after 9 days you may be able to go back to work at a desk job if there are no complications.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Time off after Breast Augmentation

As long as you stay away from heavy lifting, you should be fine to go back to work in 9 days.  Be sure to discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon prior to your surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

980 Johnson Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30342

Time off after augmentation

Yes, I think that nine days off after breast augmentation should be fine as long a you do not need to be doing heavy lifting, pushing or pulling. Check with your surgeon though. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

10807 Falls Rd.
Baltimore, MD 21093

Returning to work after augmentation and lift

Since you stated you have a desk job, nine days off should be just fine.   I generally advise no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 4 weeks.  You need to give time for all your incisions to heal.  Please touch base with your plastic surgeon to get his/her specific recommendations.  Best of luck!

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

6400 Fannin
Houston, TX 77030

Returning to work

Based on the type of work you described, nine days should be adequate time off for recovery.  You will still have lifting and some exercise restrictions for several weeks if your implants are placed beneath the muscle. 

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

21300 Provincial Boulevard
Katy, TX 77450

Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift and Time Off From Work

For a sedentary job with little physical exertion return to work in a week is reasonable. The breast augmentation, if placed in submuscular fashion, is the more painful of the two procedures.  You will need 4 to 6 weeks before returning to exercise or any type of exertion.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA 

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

How many days do I need to take off after breast augmentation surgery?

Thanks very much for your question.  I think 9 days off is an appropriate amount of time prior to returning to work.  You will still be sore at that point, but it will be safe to go back to work.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

10210 N 92nd St
Scottsdale, AZ 85258