Would Having a D&C Before my Tummy Tuck Cause a Problem?

I am having a TT on june 15th. My gynecologist is wanting me to have a D&C. I am having pelvic pain, and she said the lining of my uterus was very thick, and this was the cause of my pain. My insurance will actually be ending at the end of this month,so I was wanting to have the surgery before the month ends. So would it be a problem if I have this done prior to my TT?

Tummy Tuck

+1

As long as your surgeon(s) talk about your situation and deem you fit for surgery, proceed forward. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

D&C and a Tummy Tuck

+1

If your gynecologist is recommending a D&C, I would follow their recommendations. As for the tummy tuck, advise your plastic surgeon of the issues with the D&C such that a rescheduling of your tummy tuck can be arranged. I typically do not recommend the combination of such surgeries as the operative risks do increase and keeping your complication risk to a minimum is advantageous for cosmetic surgery. Ask your gynecologist how long your recovery will be from the D&C before committing to a surgical date for the tummy tuck.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tucks and gynecology

+1

If your surgeon and gynecologist work at the same institution, they may be willing to collaborate so that you can have both procedures under the same anesthetic. Be aware that combined procedures pose some increased risk, but having two anesthetics close together will also likely increase your risk. Discuss this with your doctors.

Hugh McLean, MD
Mississauga Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck preceded by D & C

+1

I would not suggest doing a D&C at the same time as your tummy-tuck. You can certainly have the D&C prior to the TT and wait 10 days to 2 weeks for the TT procedure. Performing simultaneous TT and D&C can increase the possibility of infection in the TT procedure because of pelvic instrumentation. Also you would like to know what the D&C shows prior to your Tummy-tuck to make sure there is nothing to be concerned about.

George Lefkovits, MD