Undissolved Sutures, Nasal Bones Showing, How Would I Go About a Revision? (photo)

Hello, I'm Jordan. I have a few questions that are hard to describe so I tried to provide a bunch of pictures so you can accurately see what's going on. I am 7 months post op from a primary open rhinoplasty. I understand that swelling can persist up to one year, especially in the tip. However, I have a bump from "undissolved sutures" according to my surgeon, which he wants to remove. Also my nasal bones show through the skin. How do I fix this/what is it? Thank you so much for any insight.

Revision rhinoplasty for multiple issues

+1

You have several issues which will need to be revised in 2-3 months. Bump, inverted V deformity, tip asymmetries , are issues that need to be corrected. I have many revision rhinoplasty patients on my website with problems like yours. Choose wisely since revisions are much more difficult based on my 35 years of doing these. 

Postop After Rhinoplasty

+1

It appears that you still have a bump in the nasal bones and asymmetry of the tip.  I would also agree that you have an inverted-V deformity.  It is doubtful that these issues will resolve without a secondary rhinoplasty.  You will need the hump taken down and some spreader grafts placed (you may need an ear cartilage graft harvest or rib cartilage graft harvest depending on what was done at your original surgery).  You will also likely need some tip suturing or a tip graft to improve the appearance of the tip.

Michael Sundine, MD

Nasal Bones Showing after Rhinoplasty

+1

You do have fullness of the nasal bridge which will probably have to removed, regardless of whether it is a suture or residual bone. You also have an inverted V deformitty which can be improved by repositioning the nasal bones. Sometimes spreader grafts are also necessary. The apparent tip graft can also be modified. You're correct when you acknowledge that you should wait another 4-5 months.

Rhinoplasty issues

+1

It looks like you have irregularity on the dorsum which may represent graft or bone or cartilage.  It is hard for me to see the tip on the  photos, but most likley these can be corrected.

Dorsal Irregularity and Tip Graft

+1

The tip has the characteristic look of a graft thinning the skin.  The dorsal irregularity could be due to any number of things depending upon maneuvers employed.  No matter what was done to the tip and the dorsum it can be remedied with a closed rhinoplasty.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA