I had three (2 were corrective) liposuctions and it has left my skin loose, uneven and has deep dimples. Any suggestions?(photo)

I had lipo to banana roll, hip & saddlebag areas that were attempted to be even out in 2 additional procedures within a year. Problems persist. My surgeon is recommending a fourth procedure in "hopes "that it will help. He referred me to another surgeon for second opinion who claims that it's my skin that's loose and recommended butt lift. It has been a long and difficult year dealing with the deformities. And I'm very confused. Are there any other suggestions or opinions that may help?

I had three (2 were corrective) liposuctions and it has left my skin loose, uneven and has deep dimples. Any suggestions?

+1
I perform a great number of liposuction revisions and they are difficult, but I think improvement is realistic. Find a liposuction expert who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Approach to contour abnormalities after liposuction are very.

+1
I can't really tell from the photographs why there is contour abnormality. If areas have been asymmetrically treated revision might be indicated. Depressions due to excess treatment might require fat grafting.

Contour deformity after liposuction

+1
Thank you for your pictures. I'm sorry to hear about your issues. I would not recommend a butt lift. I recommend serial liposuction and fat grafting to improve these areas.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Dimples after liposuction

+1
You have very typical dimpling after weight gain and liposuction.  The dimples are caused by skin ligaments retraining the skin.  Further liposuction is unlikely to resolve this problem (but it may further reduce full contours).

A useful technique is called SUBCISSION: a small "pickle fork" is placed under the skin and moved back and forth to cut the dermal ligaments.  In the right hands this is an amazing tool that can significantly help with dimpling.  Skin excision, such as with a butt lift or thigh, may also help by tightening the skin.

Be sure to consult a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

+1
You need to stop the lipos!!! I might offer syringe lipo of areas where fat is available for transfer to the dents...  

Unhappy after 3 liposuctions

+1
Your photos and what has happened do suggest that the skin is loose - and that more liposuction will correct some irregularities but lead to others as additional loose skin will develop. It does seem likely that a lower back lift - including the sides of the body - will be needed to get you closer to the look you want. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD