Would you suggest a lift in addition to implants for me?

If so, what type of lift do you suggest and are there any benefits to seperating the surgeries? I am 33, have nursed 3 kids, and am currently a sad C cup, would Iike to go a full C-D. cup. Thanks!

Lift is essential

+1
Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs. However, since you have had 3 pregnancies and nursed them, it is likely that your breasts are drooping. There is a new technique called The Ultimate Breast LiftTM. This technique will reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection and will eliminate or minimize the size of implants. If you are size 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. If you are size 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. I always recommend small round silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. The profile of the implant is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D. 

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Toronto Breast Augmentation with Implants

+1

Without examining you or even seeing a photo of your breasts it is impossible to advise you.  See a BC PS in your area.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Mastopexy with or without breast implants is a decision to make with your plastic surgeon.

+1

The most important factors that help you and your plastic surgeon make the decision on whether to use breast implants at the time of mastopexy are 1. whether you have enough breast tissue quantity and quality to lift and rearrange,  2. the position of your breasts on your chest and 3. whether you want to have breast implants because they are medical devices that will need to be replaced, typically after many years. I strongly recommend that you seek out a board certified Plastic Surgeon that will review the pros and cons of ALL your options. Good Luck and Happy Holidays!

Laurie Casas, MD

Breast lift

+1
Without examining you there is no way to answer your question, unfortunately.  As you probably know there are many ways to do a breast lift, and I recommend an evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon who can see your particular breast size and shape and make a great recommendation for you.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

To best help you please send in some pictures consisting of a front, left and right side view of your breast in order to determine which procedures and technique would be best for your case.  

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

How to decide if you need a breast lift and implants

+1

Thank you for your question. Generally speaking if your nipple areola is below your inframammary crease, the fold beneath your breast, then you will need a lift in addition to breast implants that are placed beneath the chest muscle. In some cases when this sagging is not extreme, breast implants may be placed beneath the breast.

Please read to the article link to below for a thorough discussion of how to lift sagging breasts.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Do I need a lift with my augmentation?

+1
Thanks for your inquiry, but without a picture it is impossible to comment.  Please seek the opinion of a board certified plastic surgeon about your options.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Dr. Kayser

+1
It depends on the amount of drooping and your expectations. Your specific example is difficult to discuss as there are no photos to evaluate but essentially, a lift will restore position and an implant will increase volume and while it is sometimes necessary to separate the two procedures they can often be done together. One final note is that breast volume enhancement with an implant may have limitations in these situation and fat grafting may be a alternative worth considering. Hope this help and have a blessed day. Dr. Kayser

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Separating your implant surgery from your lift surgery allows for larger implants to be put in

+1

Thank you for your question. Without photographs or an examination, it is very difficult to say what type of a lift, if any, would be best for you.  However, most patients who describe their breasts as 'sad' are candidates for a full lift to make their breasts as 'perky' as possible. Doing a full lift at the time of putting in breast implants can limit the size of implant that can be placed. One advantage to separating the surgeries is that larger implants can be placed when a full lift is not done at the same time. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon.

James McMahan, M.D. Columbus Plastic Surgeon

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

The type of breast lift really depends on the condition of your breasts.  Generally, the more drooping, the longer and more extensive the scars.  Most surgeons are performing an implant placement with their lifts.  Given your history, you will likely need a lift with implants.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon