I really would like to be a full D or a small DD cup. Would I need a lift to achieve nice and full breasts? (photo)

I have lost 115lbs in the last 2 years and it has left them flat. I went from a 40DD to a 32DDD. I would like them to be nice and round. I am also in the gym 6-7 days a week lifting weights and cardio. Will the size I want to be too big or hinder my being in the gym? Also how many CC's would it be to achive this?

Implant not required

+1
If you are already a 32 DDD, you do not need implants but do need a lift. I recommend a new technique called The Ultimate Breast LiftTM. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional Wise pattern or lollipop incisions. The breast are reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevate higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection and eliminates the need for implants. Another advantage is that there are no implants to displace with exercise.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1
Thank you for the pictures

I do believe that a breast lift would be the best procedure for you, an anchor incision and the placement of a 375-450 high profile gel implant would really enhance your breast and bring you to a full D cup, this would depend on hoe much breast tissue you have as well.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD

Breast augmentation with or without Breast lift (mastopexy)?

+1
Your photo shows empty skin envelopes with sagging (ptosis).  The latter is evidenced by the nipples being more than 2 cm below the breast folds.

You can achieve your ideal size proportions with augmentation (volume addition) but you will need a lift for shaping and positioning.  In my practice these procedures (lift and augmentation) would be performed at the same time.  There are some choices to be made, including over or under the muscle and the type of skin tailoring to be performed.

See a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and be sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures so you can gauge the surgeon's level of experience and the results that are reasonable to expect.  Ask about the newest implants, and the recently released warranty against capsular contracture (Sientra Gel).

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Would I need a lift to achieve nice and full breasts?

+1
Congratulations on your extensive weight loss. Most patients would like to avoid a breast lift (mastopexy) if they can. Implants alone without a breast lift will not achieve a rounder, fuller, more youthful breast appearance with your particualr anatomy. Following a reasonable time for post-surgical recovery, a lift and implants should not interfere with your gym exercising.

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medicalhistory and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kayser

+1

A lift and an implant are really two different concepts: a lift restores position while an implant increases volume -  essentially, a lift will restore position while an implant will increase volume or cup size and, while it is sometimes necessary to separate the two procedures, they can often be done together. Nice and round doesn't state the cup size you want to be. If you are happy with your current cup size, then a lift will improve your appearance and if you are athletic, an implant may hinder this. For a larger cup size without an implant, consider fat grafting. Hope this help and have a Happy New Year. Dr. Kayser

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Implants with a lift

+1
To determine what implants are best for you, you would have to be seen in person.  You definitely need a lift as well.

Implant and Lift Needed

+1
Thank you for your pictures.  To achieve  a good breast shape you will need implants and a lift.  The ccs can be estimated by your examine and desired result.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

You need a breast lift and implants to achieve a full breast look

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Because of the breasts have sagged following your weight loss to achieve a full breasted look you will need a breast lift plus breast implants to achieve a full D cup.

Sizing or cc of breast implant required will depend upon your examination and consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has an excellent reputation for breast augmentation.

If you read the links below you can also do the Rice test in the privacy of your home to get an idea of the volume that you would like.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast lift and augmentation

+1
Dear SMC,
You definitely need a full breast lift with your augmentation.  The implant size will be determined in full consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeon.  The implants will have some weight to them, which may or may not effect your workouts.  You will certainly need a nice supportive sport bra.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Lift needed

+1

If you do not have a lift you will look like a "rock in a sock" The goal of a lift is to elevate and tighten the skin and soft tissue. An augmentation fills and stretches things out. Since both of these procedures are being done at the same time in many cases it takes good surgical judgement to get a great result. You may have doctors who will say to do the lift first and the implants 3-4 months later which is a fine plan as well but costs more. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon