Daytime Glare and Double Vision After Lasik

I had Lasik surgery March 3rd. My vision is now 20/20 in both eyes. Since surgery I have c/o glare and double vision in my R eye. My issues have improved greatly (at night) but in the daylight my symptoms are exacerbated.

Despite wearing sunglasses,I experience a general glare as well as double vision. I am on no rx eye gtts. What could be causing this and is there still hope that it will clear up on it’s own?

Glare usually continues to improve over days, weeks and months

+1

Fortunately glare usually continues to improve over days, weeks and months, especially with custom LASIK. Sometime additional steroid, anti inflammatory or dry eye drops are prescribed. Make sure you keep your follow up appts and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

New York Ophthalmologist

Daytime Glare and Double Vision

+1

Double vision and glares are common symptom sin the first few weeks after a Lasik eye surgery and often these side effects are temporary in nature and will go away. For some people, it may take longer to heal. I would suggest that if you do not observe further improvements 3 or even 6 months after surgery, you should set up a follow-up appointment with your Lasik surgeon who would take a close look at your eyes and be able to determine whether any additional treatment is needed.

William A. Boothe, MD
Plano Oculoplastic Surgeon

Glare after LASIK LASEK

+1

glare after LASIK is common, as you are getting reflection and refraction of light off the flap interface. the unusual thing is most people have worse symptoms at night, not during the day. commonly i prescribe alphagan to prevent the pupil from dilating as both a diagnostic test and therapy. you should ask your eye surgeon for a trial of this for a week or two. it will yield valuable information. many patients can just use alphagan occasionally, and then are ok w that. some need a retreatment

glare and halos are less common after LASEK, as there is no flap being created, so there is no bouncing around of light off the flap interface. this is why i switched my entire practice from LASIK to LASEK a few years ago, to avoid the glare i have myself after my own LASIK (i was the 1st LASIK surgeon in NYC to have it himself)

Emil Chynn, MD, FACS, MBA

Emil Chynn, MD
New York Ophthalmologist