How many days will I need to take off work if I had smart-Lipo or Laser Lipo on my outter thighs and lower abs?

I am 5 11 180lbs 35wasit 41yor male. I am looking to tone up my both outter and inner thighs, and would like to see my abs.

Time off after Smart Lipo

+1
Everyone heals at a different rate, but I would imagine that you would need at least 1 week of healing time. If your job requires more strength and/or activity then perhaps 3-4wks would be better. 

New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Time off work after SmartLipo or Laser Lipo Surgery

+1
In most cases, patients who have SmartLipo or Laser Lipo surgery, on the outer thighs and lower abdomen, can
return to a desk job within the first week after the procedure.  If your job requires strenuous exercise or heavy lifting, give yourself 3 to 4 weeks off before returning to work.  Best wishes. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

+1

If the work is not strenuous you may only need a few days or a week away from work.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

How many days will I need to take off work if I had smart-Lipo or Laser Lipo on my outter thighs and lower abs? DEPENDS

+1
SMART LIPO is not a modality that can shorten the amount of time off, the duration of the recovery, the amount of fat removed or the amount of swelling that occurs.  It definitely has advantages in the evenness of fat removed, and the skin tightening it can accomplish and the potential for decreased post-op bleeding that occurs after liposculpture.
When I take up to 90% of the fat in the 360degree liposculpture of the abdominal torso, my patients usually need 5-7 days off work.  I don't let them do aerobic activity for 6 weeks.  While other surgeons who recommend less time off certainly take less fat, one cannot bypass what "mother nature" requires.  
That being said, the type of work and opportunity to take breaks is also critical to recovery.  I have had military officers who had 10 pounds of fat removed and improved their BMIs by 10% return to work two days later, but that is quite unusual.
To be safe it would be best to plan for more days off than less.  Aerobic activity can pump swelling into areas of lipo and convert it to permanent scar tissue, so this and impact activities such as jogging need to be avoided.
Great question.
Dr. Seare

William J. Seare, MD
Carlsbad Plastic Surgeon

Downtime after Smartlipo

+1
Thank you for your question. Post-op Smartlipo you will have minimal swelling and bruising, which will last nearly 2 weeks. You can go about your everyday routine after the procedure with no exercising for at least one week. Don’t push yourself and continue to wear the compression garment and you see great results.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Smartlipo and My Recovery

+1

Smartlipo of the outer thighs and lower abdomen very commonly is associated with a pretty straight forward recovery.  The lower abdominal fat is more forgiving than the upper abdominal fat in terms of recovery.  There is less soreness and less firmness as the area heals.  The outer thighs are also a very forgiving area for Smartlipo.  Most of patients will have the surgery on a Thursday or Friday and get back to work on Monday.  You can shower the day after surgery.  You will wear a girdle hidden beneath your clothes.  Exercising depends on the level of activity.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Laser liposuction recovery

+1

Thank you for your question.  Following laser liposuction of your abdomen and thighs you'll be placed in compression garments which are cumbersome and  will limit your physical activity for at least the first 10 days to 2 weeks.  Depending on the type of work you do you may need to miss a week or longer from your work.  If you're work involves physical exertion you will need at least 2 weeks however a sedentary job may often be resumed after 5-7 days.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS