Will the Appearance of Stretch Marks Soften with Time After Tummy Tuck?

I am currently 8 days out of surgery and I am was wondering if the appearance of my stretch marks will soften with time? Also with my current stretch marks would a treatment such as Thermarge make any difference in the appearance of my marks.

Stretcmarks may soften after Tummy tucks. They will not dissappear.

+2

I think it is still very early to determine how your stretchmarks will look after your procedure. Three to six months is a reasonable time frame to judge their appearance. Presently you have postoperative inflammation that stretches the skin somewhat, which may make them more noticeable. In time their appearance may improve however they will never dissappear.....unless they are surgically removed