5 Days Post Breast Implants: 304CC Silicone and Unhappy

I am unhappy with my results! I am 5'1 , 100 pounds petite frame with 304cc silicone & unders.

I feel like that is soo small on me & that once the swelling goes down I will only be a B cup. My main goal was for C cup & I don't think I will be. Already thinking of having a re- done. Originally had agreed on 325cc but the doctor felt that it was too big for me & that I would topple, look not proportionate. Please help, advices!

Too small after 304cc silicone implants--325 would still be too small!

+2

Patients often get "hung up" on 25cc differences, and will even argue with their surgeon about 304cc vs. 325cc implants. Please realize that 21cc is a tablespoon and a teaspoon of volume! Over an entire breast you would never be able to tell the difference between either of these. If you are "too small" with the 304cc implants, trust me, you would have been "too small" with the 325cc implants. Likewise, if you would "topple over" with 325cc implants, 304cc would still make you equally top-heavy! Shame on your surgeon for using that example--304cc vs. 600cc, now there's a difference to argue about, and that difference is just over a cup size bigger!

I tell patients that it takes about 60cc difference in breast volume to even BEGIN to see a difference in size, and that 100cc is noticeable, but not a huge difference. It takes about 250cc to enlarge one cup size, and this has been borne out by thousands of breast implant patients in my practice over the past 24 years. (Apologies to those who suggest that 150cc equals one cup size--I just don't agree, but whatever scale each surgeon uses is OK so long as each of us is consistent with our own patient population.)

It sounds as if your surgeon had clear ideas about what he or she felt was appropriate for you--perhaps the swelling is actually around your new breasts, and your breast size really won't change very much. You may find with time that you actually are closer to your asked-for size than you think right now. Maybe not. But it's too early to ask for a size change now; you should wait at least 3 months; 6 months would be better! For more information about choosing size and this operation in general, read the link below, and the article "What is the Right Breast Implant Size for You?" on my About page on this site. Good luck!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Five days after implants and still too small

+1

The common concern after breast augmentation is the feeling that I should have gone bigger. Sometimes the patients themselves are reluctant to tell what they hope it will be. We have those that say they wish to be a small C, though the photos they bring will paint a different picture. Good honest communication is the key, and your surgeon may have made the best compromise at the time. Besides, there is little if any difference 304 to 325. Give yourself time, and if your implants are pretty, natural, and soft, enjoy the good fortune. You can have a new implant in due time.

peterejohnsonmd

Please wait

+1

You are immediately post op -- give it time to heal. If after a few month, you can always have bigger ones put it -- but you would have to go into the 450 - 550 range to make a significant difference.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Please wait

+1
You just had surgery and your stiches are not removed yet. You need to consider the limitation of you breast tissue and your frame. There is not much difference between 325 and 304 cc implants.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon