Im 7 Days Postop Open Rhinoplasty, Out of Habit Put on my Eyeglasses?

I'm 7 days post-op open Rinoplasty, out of habit put on my eyeglasses for about three minutes could i have damaged my nose? I then got on a plane and flew home, my Doctor said there might be some swelling because of the flight, my breathing is a little congested now. Do you think I could have damaged the bone or maybe its just the swelling?

Wearing Eye Glasses At 7 Days After Rhinoplasty

+1

Wearing your eyeglasses for three minutes should not cause your nose any damage.

It is common that patients tape the bridges of their eyeglasses to their foreheads while others prefer to get by without wearing their eyeglasses at all.

However, I recommend that you consult with your surgeon to know when you can wear your eyeglasses regularly as he/she knows the full details of your surgery.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Glasses

+1

Probably not, but taping your glasses to your forehead may be a better solution to helping you see after your rhinoplasty.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon