8 Days Postop for Rhinoplasty, and I Hit my Nose Causing a Small Bump to Appear?

So, I just got my cast off yesterday, and me being the idiotic girl I am, hit my nose by accident in the shower. I hit it on the upper part of it, where the bridge starts. I didn't think too much of it, since it didn't hurt, but as soon as I got out of the shower, I noticed a small red bump on the place I hit it. It didn't hurt that much, just like for a few seconds! Will it stay there!? I have an appointment with my doctor 2 weeks from now so I want to know if I can relax and wait..

8 Days

+1

Yes, it is wise to call the physician/surgeon and explain what happened.  Close follow-up is always better than just hopeful waiting.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Trauma 8 Days After Surgery

+1

Dear Amy,

I believe the best thing you can do now is to contact your surgeon and tell him/her about what happened with you; perhaps rescheduling your examination to be sooner than 2 weeks could be a good idea.

Meanwhile, keep an eye on that "red bump" monitoring any changes that may occur with it (better or worse).

The red bump may be just a small reaction to the trauma you had and would have not affected any integral element of your nose but without examination it is not possible to be sure.

I hope this helps and I do not believe that there is a reason to panic; you should relax and wait for your surgeon to tell you what the next step should be.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Post Rhinoplasty Trauma to the Nose

+1

From the sounds of the events you may have just caused a slight bruise on the dorsum from the trauma. It is always good to see your surgeon so i would make a sooner follow up appointment and tell your surgeon what happened. This will help bring you some comfort regarding the events and be careful. Protect your investment. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD