3 days post rhinoplasty - uneven tip swelling + nostril hanging down. Will this correct itself? (photo)

I had a hump removed, my nose walls made slightly narrower and my tip made less 'bulbous' and 'square'. My nostrils were uneven sizes to begin with but they were never noticeable before. The surgeon said they would remain the exact same size and would not be noticeable. The surgeon also did some work to my left alar, to remove a crease or something. I am just freaking out as to why the swelling looks uneven and why one nostril sits upright and one down.

3- days post op rhinoplasty result

+1
Hi Lucia23,

First, did you do alarplasty for both sides of the nostril? If it is done on only one side, the chance of asymmetrical swelling always exist, though even if you did both sides, uneven swelling is still possible. This may not be permanent but you will have to wait patiently for at least 6 months. Should this persist, discuss your option for touch up with your surgeon.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for your question. After a rhinoplasty it can take several months for the swelling to subside and you may not realize the final shape of your nose for up to 12 months. It is too soon in your convalescence to determine the final shape of your nose. Give the swelling time to evolve. Make sure and discuss all of your concerns with your plastic surgeon at your next follow up visit.

Wesley T. Myers, MD
Conroe Plastic Surgeon