I Am 9 Days Post Rhinoplasty and the Right Nostril is More Swollen Than the Left Side. Will It Go Down?

I had septo-rhinoplasty with an overprojecting asymmetrical tip. Because my tip was asymmetrical, a cartilage graft to the tip of the domes was used to get a more symmetrical look. The inside of my right nostril is more swollen than the left (I can see some white flesh/tissue- well, the surgeon said it is swelling. Due to this, from the outside the (more) swollen right nostril makes the nose/nostrils look(s) asymmetrical. Will this go down and become more symmetrical with time?

Too early to be concerned 9 days after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question. It is very common to have the asymmetry that you describe as early as 9 days after rhinoplasty. Be sure to see your plastic surgeon and follow his or her advice.

Swelling after rhinoplasty is normal and it will go away.

+1

Thank you for the question.  Swelling early on after a rhinoplasty can be pronounced and sometimes asymmetric.  Swelling inevitably improves with time.  Asymmetry secondary to swelling will go away.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Asymmetrical Nostrils 9 Days Post Rhinoplasty

+1

At 9 days after rhinoplasty surgery the swelling in both nostrils will decrease. The asymmetry that disturbs you will change as healing progresses. Hopefully you will achieve the result you want.

Nine days- You're far away from healed

+1

As the other Dr. Schuster said, you are far too early to even tell.  There is still much swelling present.  Even if there is some asymmetry I certainly would not consider trying to fix this at nine days.  You can ask the surgeon, but if the nose looked symmetric to him at the time of surgery's completion, I am pretty sure it will look close to that in the end.  Be patient.  Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

From your description it is probably just swelling. Your surgeon will be the best judge. Trust him/her.

Ronald Schuster, MD