4 Days Post Op, Right Nostril Still Stings. Blood, Non Dripping Also in Nostril Since Op and Hasnt Gone?

I had a rhinoplasty four days ago and my right nostril stings for most of the day. When I wake up theres always a little blood coming out of the nostril. At night i can often feel it coming out of nose. It never drips though and it's more brown than red. Also whenever i gently clean it theres always a blood stain on the tissue. My nose leaks a lot of mucus as well as being incredibly blocked up my mucus at the moment also. Also, is a slight nudge on the nose whilst the cast is on do any damage?

Normal Symptoms After Rhinoplasty

+1

First, a small and gentle nudge at 4 days post-op should be fine as far as it is as light as it can possibly get.

Second, the stings felt on the right nostril, the light intermittent bleeding and the mucus secretion as described are pretty normal at 4 days after your rhinoplasty.

Therefore, I recommend that you keep your surgeon in the loop of your recovery process as you follow his/her instructions religiously while protecting your nose from possible traumas.

I hope this helps and thank you for your post.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com