Please could you advise me if my skin has been tightened enough? (photo)

I m 7 days post TT. This is how my bent view looks like. Please could you advise me if my skin has been tightened enough? Or hopefully is it just swelling? Is it fat?

Tummy tucks do not make you FLAT

+2

and the key with tummy tucks is what is safe to remove and it looks like you are healing well and subsequently, have a decent job. Without knowing where you started from, its difficult to be objective as to just how good a result you have. There are many ways to do a tummy tuck and much of what is recommended depends on what the tummy is like before surgery. If your surgeon has a liberal revision policy, use it to achieve the best results possible but you have to heal completely (more then 2 months) before you can really critique the results. My patients are told to expect a revision as there are always little things that detract from a very good result.

Results

+2

It is way,way too early to assess your results. You may benefit from weight loss after your tummy tuck.

Michael Hueneke, MD

One Week after Tummy Tuck

+2

- At one week it is simply too early to comment on the results of your tummy tuck! It's too early for you to even consider a revisional procedure. A tummy tuck is a big operation, and with it comes lots of swelling that can take months to resolve completely. That's right-months!

-Try to be patient over the next few months as you gradually become less swollen and begin to see the full benefits of the procedure. You need some "extra" skin in order to bend over, so I wouldn't worry too much about how you appear at this point when you bend over.

-Definitely, speak with your plastic surgeon so he/she may examine you and reassure you that your concerns at this point are very reasonable, but with time, as swelling goes down, you are very likely to be happy with your results.

-Thanks for sharing your photos, and best of luck to you!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck and early post-op

+2

At this point in the early post-op period you are still swollen. Remember you can not be completely taut or else you could not bend over.

Concerns after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+2

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck operation; although your concerns are understandable, it's much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. At this point, time and patience will be your best friends.

I would suggest that you evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed 6 months to one year afterwards; at that point, if you feel that excess skin and/or adipose tissue is present, revisionary surgery including removal additional skin and/or liposuction surgery may be beneficial.

Tummy tuck tightened enough

+2

I don't think you should analyze your results yet - there is a lot of swelling for the first 2 weeks and then a small amount of swelling for about 3 months. Things will change a lot even over the next 7 days. You do have a certain amount of fat between your abdominal wall and skin which could be liposuctioned to make it flatter, if that is something that bothers you. Hang in there - best of luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Early tummy tuck results

+2

You are only 1 week post op. And there will be swelling that will improve with time. Without seeing your before photos, it would be hard to criticize this result. I don't think that there is anything to worry about necessarily, but I have seen early results that look a bit tighter. Still, be patient as things will certainly improve with just time.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Please could you advise me if my skin has been tightened enough?

+2

Thank you for your question, one week is too little time to view any progress or results, the body is to swollen to be evaluated. Talk to your Plastic Surgeon about your procedure and expectations on your next Follow up appointment. He/She will be able to answer your questions about you're procedure. However it is important to understand that it does take at least 3 to 4 month to see your actual results.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Swelling

+2

It takes weeks to months to see the final results from a tummy tuck. Relax, and follow your Plastic Surgeon's post op instructions for a complete recovery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Tummy Tuck Swelling

+2

I know that it is hard to be patient, but swelling from surgery doesn't begin to dissipate until 7 to 10 days after surgery. Then it takes at least 6 months to see the final result. Hang in there, tummy tuck surgery is one of the most patient pleasing surgeries done! Good Luck.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD