I am 4 days post op , upper blepharoplasty. Is my scar too high above my fold?

my surgeon says that once swelling goes down that the line will come down onto fold. it seems in all my research that the line is cut directly on fold and won't be visible with eyes open. although only 4 days after and with sutures still in, it looks too high.

Incision placement after blepharoplasty

+2
Please post a photo so your incision can be evaluated. It is quite possible that the incision is correctly positioned but a photo would be helpful. Regardless, blepharoplasty incisions typically heal very nicely as long as they are carefully closed. You will likely see significant improvement over time but if you want reassurance, upload a photo for a more specific answer. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper bleph scar too high

+1
Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon for the incision to look like it is too high the first week or so after surgery. Once the swelling subsides the incision should be in the fold you just have to be patient. You should address your concern with your surgeon.

Kristin J. Tarbet, MD
Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon