6 Days Post Op Tummy Tuck. When Should I Expect to See the Incision Swelling to Go Down? (photo)

hi i am 6 days since tummy tuck, i had 800 grams of fat and skin removed, i am 24 healthy ex smoker weigh 133 lbs and 5 ' 7. i am swolen but not that much but at my incision im realy swolen, i feel iv lost loads weight since surgery iv lost my appetite, recovery is goin well so far really prepared my body for this ie vitamin c everyday the, when should i expect to see the bad incision swelling start to go down ?? thanks

Healing after tummy tuck

+1

From your photos, you seem to be healing very nicely.  Often swelling seems to increase over the first few days after surgery.  It takes several months to see the final results.

Abington Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck swelling takes at least 6 weeks to go down

+1

at 6 days after surgery you look as I would expect.  You do have to be patient and allow your body a chance to recover.  The dressings typically come off in a week or so.  I use compression garments on my patients and sometimes an abdominal binder starting about a week after surgery which I think helps the tissues recover somewhat faster. 

James F. Boynton, MD

Be Patient

+1

At 6 days after a tummy tuck you are doing great.  Your swelling may seem like alot to you, but it is actually mimimal.  Be patient.  Your surgeon did an excellent job and you will have an outstanding result.  lhc

Lee H. Colony, MD
Lansing Plastic Surgeon

6 Days Post Op Tummy Tuck. When Should I Expect to See the Incision Swelling to Go Down?

+1

ONLY 6 days! Wow you must be more patient. Swelling can take weeks to subside. Best to discuss with your chosen operative surgeon. 

When will incision swelling go down?

+1

At only six days after a #tummy tuck you are looking great.  Your swelling may seem excessive to you, but it is actually quite mimimal compared to most patients.  Relax and be patient.  Your surgeon did a wonderful job and you will undoubtedly have an outstanding result. You should still be wearing an abdominal binder at all times (for 6-8 weeks after surgery) and may also use paper tape to help with scar healing. Good luck and thanks for the question.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon