Will Heat Help with Swelling and Healing After Smart Lipo?

I am 5 days post op from smart lipo, and I was wondering if heat applied to the site would help reduce swelling and promote healing?

Heat to Tummy AFTER a Tummy Tuck, Lipo or Laser Lipo is NOT a Smart Idea

+2
I completely agree with Dr. Placik. While local heat may be useful in cases of muscle spasms it is not helpful after surgical trauma; in such situations it increases local tissue swelling and fluid extravasation. Moreover, due to the decreased sensation seen in such cases there is an increased likelihood of potential burns. Consult your surgeon before treatinhg yourself.

Generally not advised to apply heat to belly after tummy tuck

+2

I would highly advise against heat but this opinion may not be shared by others. You likely have diminished protective sensation in the treated area and could easily burn yourself. Enhanced blood supply form the heat could also increase the potential for seroma or hematoma. Please consult with your treating surgeon.