Liposuction to Upper/lower Back, Flanks, Tummy and Mini Tummy Tuck. I Have Flaps Hanging in Upper Back? (photo)

I Am 7 Days Post Op. I did wear a compression garment that was tight at the top. Could this have caused this over hang, wing look possibly? Or do you think I will need a touch up. I have a lot of soreness in the back area. He only took 1 liter of fat out. I am pleased with the mini tummy tuck with NO muscle repair. Thank you so much for your time and suggestions ;-)

Back role liposuction.

Thanks for your questions and for your photographs.

It is really way too early to make a judgment about your final result this point.  Without question you have a lot of swelling in the area that concerns you and hopefully most if not all of that will resolve.

Back rolls tend to be quite fibrous and often hold onto a great deal of their swelling.  Your result will take time.

The backup rolls are  a combination of both the skin and fat,  remember that liposuction only takes away the fat.  In my own practice I explain to patients that back rolls can often be diminished and softened but not always completely eradicated with liposuction alone.

Looking at your preoperative pictures I strongly suspect that you are correct that the binder contributed somewhat to the swelling, and I also suspect that you'll do just fine over time.

If you did find the skin to loose in the future the next option would be a bra strap roll excision, but I am hopeful for you that it will not come to that.

Best wishes, give it more time for now.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction to Upper/lower Back, Flanks, Tummy and Mini Tummy Tuck. I Have Flaps Hanging in Upper Back?

Your photos and your thoughts could be correct. Best to see your chosen surgeon Monday to discuss these issues. 

Back flaps after liposuction

You are too early postop to reach any conclusions as to whether you will need revision. Let everything settle down. I'm glad that you are pleased with the mini-tuck but it isn't the result I would be happy with as the surgeon, knowing what I can achieve surgically.

Robert L. Kraft, MD