1 Week After Lift + Implants, L Side Bigger Sits Higher, R Side Was Reduced Since it was Bigger, is That Normal? (photo)

Breast Augmentation / Lift Recovery

+2

Thank you for your question and photo.

You are very early in the recovery process and it is very normal for the implants to be riding high immediately after surgery.  It will take months for you to heal and the implants to settle into their pockets.  When the implants settle, that is when you will be able to see the long term size / shape.

You look good for 1 week post op.

Keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon.

Best Wishes.

1 Week Post Op After Augmentation with Lift

+2

It is extremely too early to tell. In my opinion, you appear to be right on track. It's not unusual at this stage to have one higher than another. I do not take after pictures until six months post-op because the breasts will change subtly for several months after surgery. I think you'll be happy once all the swelling has subsided.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation and Lift

+2

I see the subtle differences in the photo provided and they are suggestive of a slightly tighter skin envelope on the left side. Everything looks fine, and you should have a nice result.  I think your surgeon did well.

Best of luck

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

You should wait 3 -4 months for final results

+2

It is too early post surgery to discuss the result and asymmetry. You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Implant position one week post op.

+2
It is not unusual for the implant(s) to sit high at one week after augmentation. The implants usually take 3-6 weeks to settle, but can take up to 6 months.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Early breast augmentation and lift results

+2

Your result looks very normal for this point of recovery.  It is also better as was done for you to adjust the tissue volumes (ie reduce the larger side) and use the same implant size than to try to use different implant volumes and keep the tissues assymetrical.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS